Do you think some of the game reviewers are receiving "favors" for positive reviews?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

televisionarchives

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 25, 2008
I suspect it sometimes because I get a game and it's garbage. I play it and I can't believe the reviewer didn't see some of the flaws or bugs in the game. It happens with Movie reviewers .

Of course. It happens with every product. Car magazines tend to highly rate the same brands over and over, and guess what, those car companies have ads in the same magazines. Same thing with consumer electronics. Most reviews outside of true consumers are a scam.

There certainly has been some shady incidents..

Overall I don't think it is the case. A number of reviewers have spoken out over this controversy and the fact is that overall there is no hard evidence of this occurring from what I can tell. Most high profile titles don't need positive reviews to sell, and if anything, reviewers come under fire for not giving a game ENOUGH praise. Google "Gears of War 3/Duke Nukem Forever/Uncharted 3 Review Controversy" and you'll see that nowadays reviewers seem to get crap for not giving perfect reviews for various games.

Overall I think you just have to consider the source (generally people who have to grind through these day in and day out) and consider a volume of reviews and not make a decision based on a single review.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)