Do you think the 922 is ready for prime time yet?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
:mad:
I have had the 922 for about a month. I love the Sling and it's about the only reason I got it. Sling HD Pro was around $250 to $299 so I thought I would spend a little more and get a new receiver. I have a 722k and 622 and a 211 and this would be my fourth receiver on my active account. I've been with Dish back in the day when the 1000 model was hot and just put a couple of 6000 in the trash along with some 3900 and 4700 models. I'm a satellite nerd, I own my Bird Dog plus I have Directv HR-23-700 and have setup them up on my own. Not that it's hard.

The 922 has some major issues other than just not recording things. They have forgotten sub menu's. When you you start looking for your recordings they could be in four different areas if your lucky. The Dish Pass timers are gone and the guide is wrong sometimes. if I go look at the 622 and 722 they are correct but the 922 is wrong sometimes. I can't believe this reciever has been out for over a year and this thing has issues from the functional side as well as the technical side. Most people don't have three other DVR's in there house or I would be on the phone with Dish everyday. Being in the IT world for a living I will wait until they fix things but until then I will complain and of course not trust it.

I lost all my timers and my ota local stations again Sunday morning for the second time since I've had this receiver . A real pain in the ass to fix. I had to restore my timers from the remote control and then hard reboot it to get my ota stations back. I finally got full guide data by leaving it off for a while. It doesn't down load the guide like the 722k did after a check switch. I like the guide with logos and the picture on the shows etc. But I miss the dish pass and manual recordings and most of all I want my external hard drive support for archiving BACK please!

Right now I would not reccomend the 922 to any of my friends or family. Those that have asked I have told them to check back in a few months to see if it is ready. I get by with it now because I have my old 622 and TiVo boxes as backup recorders. It is not ready to be the only receiver in a house. There are also sling issues that show it is not ready yet either. It is probably 95-97% ready. But that last 3-5% is pretty annoying.

The sling feature doesn't work well at all. I have home plug and I also had the receiver hooked up by direct ethernet line to the computer. Sometimes it works on the website and some times it doesn't . Often I will check to see if I am connected and the screen will say failed. I unplugged the direct ethernet line and the receiver screen will always say OK , but I still have to reset my router to get the remote access to work online. It is really buggy. As for the hd over the computer. IT doesn't work. I upgraded my internet to cable and the I have download and upload speeds that are more than what is required by DISH. I upgraded my memory in my computer by 2 gbs and the computer will not display hd without either a slow down of the picuture and the sound cutting in and out . Now the funny thing I CAN watch hd over the computer if I am watching an ota hd station without any problems. It seems to be the mpeg4 that is giving me problems, either hd or sd in mpeg 4.

I put a power line filter on my 922 to prevent any hint of homeplug working. It is silly that a gigabit ethernet connection is plugged in but it prefers to try to do a connection over homeplug.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts