Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Still mulling around the dual C-Band LNBF but had an idea.

If I want to combine the Networks from G4 and the Equity stuff on G10 to go to 3 or 4 receivers I would need

-4 way splitter for G4
-2x4 multiswitch for G10
-3 or 4 diseqc switches
-cable to go from the splitters to the Diseqc
-DC blocks

but I thought about this.......

If I take the cable from the C-Band and put that into the "18V" side of the 2x4 multiswitch and put a cable from the G10 dish to the "13V" side of the same multiswitch...that would work, right? If I say "V" tranponder, it would go up the 13v side to the G10 dish and if I say H it goes up the 18v side to the C-Band.

Since the nets are on H on G4 and the Equity stuff is on V that should work and I wouldnt need all the extra switches. Right?? Anybody try this?

Thats why I love this board....you guys were right :)

Hooked up a cable from my C-Band dish to the 18v side and another cable from the G10 dish to the 13v side of a Zinwell 3x4 switch and hooked up to the receiver

everything worked :)
but here is something weird.....the "signal" on the Pansat skyrocketed up...on G10 it went from 83 to 94 (quality was the same)

and before someone says it......yes the deck has to be painted (but thats the associations responsibility) :)

Attachments

• IM000754.JPG
    IM000754.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 278
  • IM000755.JPG
    IM000755.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 264
  • IM000756.JPG
    IM000756.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 245
  • IM000757.JPG
    IM000757.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 284
  • IM000758.JPG
    IM000758.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 260
I like your C-band dish setup. It looks like you have a mini earth station.

What do the neighbors think? Anyone was nosey enough to inquire?

Sadoun said:
What do the neighbors think? Anyone was nosey enough to inquire?
the next door neighbor (the ex head of the HOA) wasn't too thrilled with the KU dish setup I had. he tried to involke a one dish rule (which got shot down)

He doesnt say anything anymore :)

The other neighbor (the one on the other side of the wall there) has a simple philosophy...He told me "Don't care what you do in your yard. You can't see it from the road and it isnt on my deck so I don't care" :)

Iceberg, Love the pictures. Looks like my place with all the dishes. My wife would never let me put them on the deck though. Hey quit messing around with all that tv stuff and lets get the deck repainted! Ha! That's what my wife would say! Later, Chad

Chad
I've got 3 more on the roof :)

With the way my roof slopes (and the dishes on the roof are on the back side) it was easier to put the G10 dish on the deck railing.

The C-Band is on the spool to clear the roof :)

oh and that deck was painted late 04 (September)....So the association took the cheap route and it cost them

Iceberg said:
The other neighbor (the one on the other side of the wall there) has a simple philosophy...He told me "Don't care what you do in your yard. You can't see it from the road and it isnt on my deck so I don't care" :)

My kind of guy.

I like your spool setup. Did you secure the dish to the spool with screws, or is it just the weight?

I have one of the brackets that comes with the dish bolted down in the front. Used 5/16" x 2 1/2" screws. The sandbag in back is because Minnespolis TS is only 38 dgrees so the dish gets top heavy

I can easily loosen the bolts if I need to move the dish off G4

Mike
I wanted to mix the nets on G4 H and the nets on G10 V together and pipe them to 3 receivers. The multiswitch seemed to worked the best (for me at least)

yep. Use to have a huge antenna (thing was about 12-13 feet long) on there to get the Minneapolis stations. if I swung it 180 degrees or so I got CBS from Mankato (about 55 miles from me). That got damaged from the rain/snow/ice and now I have a real dinky one.

Its used to run the TV in the 2 bedrooms but I am going to switch them over to the FTA setup. I'll probably put another dish there :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)