Do you think we can get this baby to work?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

RocketFast321

Original poster
May 16, 2006
Montgomery,aL
This dish has not been online in about 10 years.

The wires run into my buddy's old trailer, but the old reciver (Echostar 410) was full of mold mold, and the remote was lost.

I picked up a President PS600XL http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...MEWN:IT&viewitem=&item=160087519212&rd=1&rd=1 , i like to think i got a good deal. The old Echostar push out 36v for the the dish mover and the 600xl only uses 24v. That is the only small problem we have.

So we oiled up everything. The mover looks pretty good for it's age.

After a little wiring and some bad words we got it to move.

But we belive the LNB is out. Their is red light on it, but the light is not on

Also we found a new looking LNB in the old trailer, but it has a oversize cable end. So we belive that his dad tried to fix it but gave up. And yes their was a wasp nest inside the feeder cover, along with some spider egg sacks.

So the question at hand, were is a good place to get a c-band LNB for cheap.

Attachments

• 0310071011od8.jpg
    0310071011od8.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 258
  • 0310071012ow5.jpg
    0310071012ow5.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 266
  • 0310071137ji2.jpg
    0310071137ji2.jpg
    244.6 KB · Views: 283
  • 0310071144hx2.jpg
    0310071144hx2.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 265
made pictures thumbnails. Please do not post huge pictures. Thumbnails work better and people can click on them to see full seize

It helps out our dial-up users :)

made pictures thumbnails. Please do not post huge pictures. Thumbnails work better and people can click on them to see full seize

It helps out our dial-up users :)
Off topic, but on topic, I have a fix for this issue which will automatically fix big images and shrinks them down automatically. :)

I will install it soon. :)

Had time to work on the dish this weekend. I notice something else too. The servo motor is not working. So i'm just going to swap out the whole feedhorn with the one I got in the mail. The old looks good, but i have newer one so why not. Then I'm gonna put the California LNB on it. With luck in the up coming weeks no snakes will be out.

Also here is the old LNB I found that does not fit

Had time to work on the dish. I found out the servo motor does not, so the whole feedhorn will be swap out with the newer one i got in the mail. But it looked like i also pulled somthing in. I'm gonna try out the California LNB first. I hope i can get back down therir withend the next two weeks.

Also here is the LNB we found.

0504071416rg9.jpg

Rocket the snakes are already out, I almost stepped on a 2'black racer today, and have one that lives under a big rock at my garden, been watching him about 2weeks now. So the nasty ones are out too, for sure. I'm about 100m north of you.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)