Do you want a small 3D display?

lparsons21

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 17, 2009
Herrin, IL 62948
Well, here's your chance for one that is pretty decent.

The Sony PS3 3D Display is a 24" 1080p display, ie; no tuner at all. 2 HDMI inputs plus component input. When this thing was brought to market it was at a $499 price point, which was just too damned high to garner many sales.

Now it is on sale at Sony or BestBuy for $199! At that price, it is literally a steal!

Got mine yesterday, and also bought an extended warranty as there are many reports of early failures of it. Of course, it is nearly impossible to figure out just how many are having issues, but it is out there. For $30 to extend the coverage out to a total of 4 years, that was a no brainer for me.

It comes with one pair of glasses, hdmi cable, and Motor Storm Apocalypse 3D game. The picture is excellent, audio is OK but nothing to get excited about even though Sony talks about the 'sub-woofer' in it.

If you need/want a small 3D set, this one deserves consideration.

Yeah, at that price point it is a great deal.

One of the things missing from it is a remote. But the current PS3/Media remote will control it as well as the PS3, having both IR and Bluetooth builtin. That would make it more convenient. I have the older PS3 bluetooth only Media remote and it doesn't cover this display.

I said it didn't come with a remote and that is true. You can buy the latest PS3 Media Controller and it will control the PS3 and this Display.

But I didn't want to have to do that. So I pulled up my always trusty Harmony 1 universal remote. The software for it recognizes the model number, but when you try to configure it, all it ends up controlling is getting to the menu and making selections and settings there. But that leaves nothing to adjust volume or input selection.

I've emailed Logitech to see if they have a fix, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

I want a 7" 3D auto stereo display that will pair two asynchronous 2D camera signals and auto correct the alignment for under $1000. :) In my dreams!

Well, this is NOT GOOD!! :(

Finally got around to moving the display to another location so I could hook it to one of my HR24s. And lo and behold, I got the nearly famous 'red blinking light error of death'! Basically set comes on, you get the blue wide light, then the green light and then it goes to a blinking red light. At no time do I get any video, not even the menu.

So I got it boxed up and ready to go to BB today and swap it out for another one. From reading, this is a fairly oft occurring problem, but once you get one that doesn't do it within about 3 months, then things are good. We'll see.

Just picked up one of these when BB had it on sale for 159. Nice display (hooked it up to an old Zenith 420 OTA tuner for TV), and the 3D looks great on the PS3. I do miss the remote controls, as my old PS3 blu-ray remote doesn't control it.

Strange it automatically turns off with the PS3, but does not automatically turn on with it.

Just picked up one of these when BB had it on sale for 159. Nice display (hooked it up to an old Zenith 420 OTA tuner for TV), and the 3D looks great on the PS3. I do miss the remote controls, as my old PS3 blu-ray remote doesn't control it.

Strange it automatically turns off with the PS3, but does not automatically turn on with it.

Is it still $159??

I personally think they had no choice but to drop the price considering what else is on the market (that have tuners).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)