Doctor Who - The End of Time

Watched a first couple of minutes on BBCA. The picture was awful.
Fortunately the torrent was ready very shortly after, and we just watched that.

Now just waiting for Part 2 to appear. :)

Last edited:
Exclusive Scene for Part 2

Here's an exclusive scene that BBC put up for Part 2.

Should really get us excited for tonight's episode.

[YOUTUBE]YQPBPjK2CV4[/YOUTUBE]

Watched a first couple of minutes on BBCA. The picture was awful.
Fortunately the torrent was ready very shortly after, and we just watched that.

Now just waiting for Part 2 to appear. :)

Yeah, I gotta give those Brits some credit for how fast the Who episodes show up. It's almost like some of them are doing it on the fly. :)

Just got home and should have part 2 in a few minutes, thank goodness for fiber to the home internet.

Now the decision watch the football games I have missed all day or watch part 2. Tough decision.

Just finished watching Part 2.

Pretty good.

Did leave 2 questions though...

1) The Time Lord President's name Rassilon. Was he just named after him, or is it really him, freed from where the Doctor left him back in The Five Doctors.

2) Who was the woman? My guess is that it's Susan. Which would explain why he was so torn.

Last edited:
I had to pause it a few times to catch stuff... not quite sure the deal on the book signing scene, I'll maybe do some Googling to find out.

All in all not bad. Probably the mushiest Doctor ending in a long time. I enjoyed the second half much better than the first by far. Was pretty surprised with the last words too, but makes since after the last couple episodes. Suppose it shows his more "human" side.

-Mike

I had to pause it a few times to catch stuff... not quite sure the deal on the book signing scene, I'll maybe do some Googling to find out.

All in all not bad. Probably the mushiest Doctor ending in a long time. I enjoyed the second half much better than the first by far. Was pretty surprised with the last words too, but makes since after the last couple episodes. Suppose it shows his more "human" side.

-Mike
Funny you should say his "human" side. The book signing scene was from "Human Nature". She's the granddaughter of the school nurse he hooked up with.

Funny you should say his "human" side. The book signing scene was from "Human Nature". She's the granddaughter of the school nurse he hooked up with.

Yeah, that was the 1 scene that I was like "wait, who is this?" and I had to go look it up.

Derwin, the Time Lord President had me wondering too. I wonder if they will ever really answer it, but I'm going to assume that it was the same person as it will open up a story line option in the future since that character is quite intertwined in alot of backstories.

Overall I like part 2 alot more than 1 also, but since they technically should be 1 episode, it stands to reason part 1 would not be as good IMO.

One other question I have relates to torchwood in that did Davies just write himself in a new Torchwood member or just a special gift to Jack.

Last edited:
Derwin, the Time Lord President had me wondering too. I wonder if they will ever really answer it, but I'm going to assume that it was the same person.
In retrospect, I think it's the same person too. Since they resurrected the Master, why not him. All they had to do was release him from the Zone.

One other question I have relates to torchwood in that did Davies just write himself in a new Torchwood member or just a special gift to Jack.
Possibly, except that Being Human was renewed for another season, so he might be busy there.

It was the middle of the Martha Jones season and the doctor became human and his memories and such were stored in a pocketwatch. The Doctor was a teacher at a school in the 1800's and was dating the school nurse. If I remember it correctly, been a while since I watched it.

It was the middle of the Martha Jones season and the doctor became human and his memories and such were stored in a pocketwatch. The Doctor was a teacher at a school in the 1800's and was dating the school nurse. If I remember it correctly, been a while since I watched it.

Thank you! That's the one... that was awhile ago as wasn't it towards the end of the season before this last one? So 2 years ago?

So another question, where did the Master end up in the end? I didn't quite get that either. I suspected with the president in the time lock, but wasn't sure.

-Mike

So another question, where did the Master end up in the end? I didn't quite get that either. I suspected with the president in the time lock, but wasn't sure.
I think he got away. Probably ran off while the Doctor was concentrating on the Time Lords going back into the void.

I believe The Master got away also, but on re-watching it, he did disappear back with the other Time Lords, but I'm unclear if he went back into the time lock also.

Other questions that I have now re-watching parts 1 and 2:
I totally missed the reference to the 2 dissenting Time Lords as "weeping angels" Were these the weeping angels from the Blink episode (one of my favorites)? I ask because the writer of the Blink episode is now the head writer of the series and I really like his style, but I hope Davies gets to do some episodes still.

Was "the woman" (credits reference) who Wilfred kept seeing infact The Doctors mother?

I liked how they allowed the David Tennant- Doctor to say goodbye to all the people who played key parts of his most recent incarnation. Very nice way to wrap them all up and give some closure to his portrayal of the doctor. I will miss David though. I really likes how he played him as very cool, funny , caring person. He made me actually care about him and the women in his life , Rose, Martha, Donna etc.

I really likes how he played him as very cool, funny , caring person. He made me actually care about him and the women in his life , Rose, Martha, Donna etc.

I have to stop after Martha. For me, the only good thing about Donna was the introduction of her Grandfather.

I believe The Master got away also, but on re-watching it, he did disappear back with the other Time Lords, but I'm unclear if he went back into the time lock also.
He wasn't time locked to begin with, so I think he got away. That way he can always return as a villain.
Was "the woman" (credits reference) who Wilfred kept seeing infact The Doctors mother?
I'm thinking it was his granddaughter Susan, who was a big part of the first Doctor's run.

I loved Donna's character. She was for once a very strong personality and I really enjoyed her role.
So did I. She reminded me alot of Teagan, who would argue with the Doctor all the time.

Rose and Martha wore thin on me, as I hated the whole lovey dovey over the Doctor thing.

My favorite companions have always been the stronger ones, like Barbara, Ian, Teagan, the 1st Romana, Donna, Leela, Liz, and Jamie.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)