Doctor Who - The End of Time

Derwin0

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 16, 2004
Peachtree City, GA
The End of Time

It looks like the Tennant's final 2-parter will be called "The End of Time".

http://io9.com/5323195/doctor-who-and-the-end-of-time-tennants-last-moments
We saw two teaser trailers for David Tennant's very final episodes as the time-traveling hero of Doctor Who, and they revealed some dark times ahead for our Time Lord, including a menacing figure in a hoodie.
And then there was the trailer for Tennant's final two-parter, which appears to be called "The End Of Time":
We see the planet Earth from space, with the sun coming out behind it, and Timothy Dalton's voice purrs: "It is said that in the final days of the planet Earth, everyone had bad dreams." And then we see weird laughing faces, followed by David Tennant looking quite perturbed. We see glimpses of Wilf, Donna, Donna's mother, and an African man in a suit, all looking very serious. And there's a scary snake-faced creature. And then there's a figure in a dark hoodie lurking ominously. Dalton narrates: "He returns." We catch a glimpse of Ood Sigma, the Ood who told the Doctor his song was ending. And then the Doctor standing in the background, with the guy in a hoodie in the foreground. And then the hoodie comes off, and it's John Simm with his hair weirdly bleached! His voice comes: "My name is the Master." And then a title comes on the screen: "THE END OF TIME." And the Doctor walks forward with flames in the background, his face looking smoky and serious. And the title says "CHRISTMAS 2009." And the crowd goes wild.
getfile

http://www.webcitation.org/5hgJMLX7S
Yes, that's John Simm, probably returning as the Master, the Doctor's arch nemesis and fellow Time Lord from the planet Gallifrey. And on the other side of Tennant? Timothy Dalton, having a view to a kill as some kind of Time Lord dignitary, complete with Gallifreyan bathrobe and medallion. It's been rumored for ages that Simm was coming back for Tennant's finale. And it's also been rumored that Dalton will be showing up, playing the Chancellor of the High Council of Time Lords. This picture, which appears to show Tennant, Simm and Dalton clowning around between takes, seems to clinch both of those rumors.
Timothy Dalton as Borusa, that should be interesting.
Plus the Master back in a black hoodie, no rubbish beard though.

The Children in Need telethon will be showing a doctor Who special clip this year on November 20th.
BBC - Press Office - Line-up announced for Children in Need

Last year they showed the pre-title sequence clip for "The Next Doctor".
Presummably they'll do the same this year for "The End of Time".

BBC Children in Need returns on Friday 20 November, at 7.00pm on BBC One, with a variety of entertainment acts all doing their bit to raise money for disadvantaged children and young people across the UK.

Highlights on the night include:

• An exclusive preview of the Doctor Who Christmas special.

I'm getting a bit stir crazy waiting for it. Have been running through some of the old episodes to keep me occupied. Just caught Tennant's final performance as The Doctor on the recent episode of Sarah Jane Adventures, best episode yet!

I'm ashamed to admit I think I am more excited by this coming in a couple weeks than Christmas ;)

-Mike

BBC America - Air Dates & Times

BBC America will be showing both parts of The End of Time, one day after they show on the BBC in Britain. Therefore there will be no need of a Spoiler thread for those who've seen them on BBC, and all talk can be kept here.

The End of Time, Part One - Doctor Who - BBC AMERICA

December 26 @ 9:00pm - The End of Time, Part 1
January 2 @ 8:00pm - The End of Time, Part 2

BBC America will be showing both parts of The End of Time, one day after they show on the BBC in Britain. Therefore there will be no need of a Spoiler thread for those who've seen them on BBC, and all talk can be kept here.

The End of Time, Part One - Doctor Who - BBC AMERICA

December 26 @ 9:00pm - The End of Time, Part 1
January 2 @ 8:00pm - The End of Time, Part 2

The final two episodes where shot in HD...so for those that have BBCHD ....i am jealous...for the rest of us....tune into your favorite torrent site for a download near you. (UK airing 25th and 1st)

Cheers

Well just finished watching part 1 and dang it just when you are on the edge of your seat---bang to be continued next week. AWWWWWW!!!! Good start though, can't wait for the finish next week.

I hated what they did with the Master at least for the first 1/2... but it got pretty good at the end. The last 30s and preview for next week with Timothy Dalton was completey unexpected and a nice twist. Wonder what they are going to do with it... and how did it happen.

-Mike

argh.... :(
I'm up here in Canada, and the Space Channel is waiting til Jan. 2nd to show both parts at once.

I should get home by then though, and hopefully my 722 dutifully DVR'ed it. Though I'll probably just torrent it so I can see it uncut.

BBC America is replaying part one at 6:45pm next week just before part 2 so you can catch it all at once if you want.
That's great. Too bad Dish doesn't have BBCA-HD yet.

Has anyone seen both the BBC and BBCA runs, and been able to tell if anything was cut out? Scifi was notorious about that.

Too much crap on the screen with the portrait look of BBCA, I just turned it off. I will stick to the original BBC downloads. Hopefully they take some of the junk off the screen when BBCA HD is finally available to subscribers or I will keep with the BBC originals.

Too much crap on the screen with the portrait look of BBCA, I just turned it off. I will stick to the original BBC downloads. Hopefully they take some of the junk off the screen when BBCA HD is finally available to subscribers or I will keep with the BBC originals.

I almost think that they put that stuff on the screen to encourage you to buy the DVD/Blu-Ray. A way to avoid people getting pristine copies.

Apparently. BBCA also completely dump the ending credits sequence in favor of their own custom graphics. They are about as far from "pristine" as you can get.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts