Doctor Who - The Waters of Mars

Paradox-SJ

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 20, 2003
San Jose, California
The fall special is due out sometime in November and yes, it is in HD now....if you have not seen them yet here are the two trailers floating around:

Trailer 1:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7lvGxjE9wk"]YouTube - Doctor Who Waters of Mars / End of Time Specials Trailer[/ame]

Comicon trailer:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJBsW78keRQ&feature=player_embedded#"]YouTube - Doctor Who The Waters Of Mars ComiCon Trailer[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
Since this is supposed to air next month, I wish they'd reveal the date.

also, sticking the thread since this is the next episode to air, I'll do the same for the 2-part finale after this airs.

Waters of Mars - Air Dates

Britain on Sunday, November 15 @ 7:00pm on BBC One

America on Saturday, December 19 @ 9:00pm EST on BBC America

The BBC will also release The Waters of Mars and the two-part finale on DVD and Blu-ray on Tuesday, February 2, 2010 both as individual releases and also as part of a 5 disc specials collection including The Next Doctor and Planet of the Dead.

November 16 ... set calendar ... BitTorrent download of Doctor Who.

There is no way I am waiting till December! ;)

Will be aired this Sunday 11/15/09 on BBC1 and BBC HD at 7pm The Waters Of Mars: Mars 2059.Bowie Base One.Last recorded message:'Don't drink the water.Not one drop' It will then be followed on BBC HD only at 8pm with Doctor Who Confidential. Is there life on Mars? It is the beginning of the end for David Tennant's Doctor,on a mission to Mars. The Dr Who episode will be repeated on BBC3 Wed Nov 18th. For those who do not have the BBC Dr Who Website address then here it is.

Code:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/

I hope you can access it in the U.S. Unfortunately the trailers cannot be viewed outside the U.K. but they only last seconds anyway and they don't reveal much either, otherwise it is a very good site. It also has Links to all the other BBC stuff of which there is absolutely loads.

Doctor Who - The Waters of Mars (on BBC), Spoilers allowed

This thread is for people who see The Waters of Mars on BBC, prior to it showing on BBC America in December.

I will merge this thread into the main Waters of Mars thread after it airs on BBC America. Please keep all spoilers here.

Great episode.

The Doctor got a bit of a god complex at the end, hopefully the suicide stopped that.

The previews for the End of Time look good. Pretty much confirmed the return of Donna and the Master, and of course Wilf.

Probably rewatch it tonight so I can pause the screen on the computer screens in order to see how much history he changed (wife wouldn't let me when we watched it last night, plus it was late so we wanted to finish it in order to get to sleep).

Great episode.

Probably rewatch it tonight so I can pause the screen on the computer screens in order to see how much history he changed (wife wouldn't let me when we watched it last night, plus it was late so we wanted to finish it in order to get to sleep).

LOL! Ok, I don't feel like too much of a geek then for doing that while I was watching it :eek:

-Mike

LOL! Ok, I don't feel like too much of a geek then for doing that while I was watching it :eek:
You want to feel like a geek? Hahah, I was (hypothetically of course ;) ) the first person to click on the torrent link when it got uploaded. It had 1 up and 0 down at the time. Was several hundreds when we got home later.

It was up really fast, about 15 minutes after it aired in the UK.

You want to feel like a geek? Hahah, I was (hypothetically of course ;) ) the first person to click on the torrent link when it got uploaded. It had 1 up and 0 down at the time. Was several hundreds when we got home later.

It was up really fast, about 15 minutes after it aired in the UK.

LOL! Friend of mine was going nuts trying to find a torrent that worked so he could catch it. I guess he finally found one late last night. Not that I would endorse or condone any illegal activities. ;) I find Usenet has been pretty quick with getting stuff out too, but it's days are numbered. It's entirely possible I could have been refreshing newsgroups yesterday afternoon every 15mins... just maybe.

The previews for the finale in December look VERY interesting. They made it look like the master was somehow disfigured or something in one of the shots with the ability to see his skull sort of glowing bluish. Not sure if it's a tribute to how he was disfigured in previous iterations after he initially ran out if renegerations, if he's a hollogram, or what. Will be interesting whatever it is.

-Mike

November 16 ... set calendar ... BitTorrent download of Doctor Who.

There is no way I am waiting till December! ;)

BT, eh... Usenet ;) The TW S3 was posted in HD at one point :)

-Mike

Did the BitTorrent thing late last night. It was already there :up

Just had enough time to watch the intro ... HD is nice and looks good! :cool:

Now ... I just need to find a spot to hide for a couple of hours so the wife and kids can't find me ... :eek:

A bit of a god complex?

Tennant's Doctor changed. Not the same Doctor he was at the beginning. I'm chalking that up to not having a regular companion to keep him in check anymore. We'll just have to wait a month to see if there were any real lasting changes. Might be that's how he brings about his regeneration.....

The HD BT looks fantastic....I trans-coded it to WMVHD to play on the XBOX360 and my jaw dropped with the quality

I can't wait for BBCA-HD... right now in SD it looks awful. It was nice when HDNet was running some of the TW in HD for awhile.

-Mike

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts