Does 18" round dish work for Jade World Package?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

acefr

Original poster
Jun 6, 2005
I have a HR10-250 box and a valid subscription of Jade World (chinese). From Lyngsat, I found that the chinese programs are on sat 119. I have an existing 18" single LNB dish currently pointing to 119, but I have problem setting up the box to use it. When I chose the dish type in installation to Round Dish, the box is only looking for sat 101. I couldn't find the option to change it to 119. When I chose Oval 3 LNBs, I can check the 119 signal strength, but there is no picture. Does the Jade World program can only be received using the Phase III oval dish with 3 LNBs? Or is there another way to use the 18" single LNB dish to receive 119? The subscription is on Jadeworld only, so I have no use of the 101 and 110 sat. (the 18" dish has very good alignment as I am using it for another box)

I'm not an expert like some on this board, but I think you will find that the 18" round dishes will only work with the 101 slot satellite. You'll probably need an oval dish to receive 110 or 119 slot.

acefr said:
I have a HR10-250 box and a valid subscription of Jade World (chinese). From Lyngsat, I found that the chinese programs are on sat 119. I have an existing 18" single LNB dish currently pointing to 119, but I have problem setting up the box to use it. When I chose the dish type in installation to Round Dish, the box is only looking for sat 101. I couldn't find the option to change it to 119. When I chose Oval 3 LNBs, I can check the 119 signal strength, but there is no picture. Does the Jade World program can only be received using the Phase III oval dish with 3 LNBs? Or is there another way to use the 18" single LNB dish to receive 119? The subscription is on Jadeworld only, so I have no use of the 101 and 110 sat. (the 18" dish has very good alignment as I am using it for another box)

You need an AU2 (Phase3) dish to make it easy on yourself.

I have an extra round dish that is of no use. I am thinking to aim it to sat 101, then use a 22K switch to connect the 101 and 119 LNB to my standard D10 receiver (I made a typo on my receiver model in the first post). Do you think it will work?

I don't think it will work personally but is there a reason you won't get a multisat 3 lnb dish? On Ebay I'm sure you can find one for $30-40.

i was under the impression that the jade channels were on the 95 sat. I could be wrong, as here in vermont nobody wants foreign programming so ive never had to set it up.

oh... another thought... you need one dish pointed to the 101 to get the program guide... other wise your receiver wont know what channels are what.

if you had a 4x4 multiswitch (it may work with a 3x4 if you only have 1 receiver), you could have an 18 round pointed at the 101, and the other pointed at the 119

just my thoughts... all untested/unproven, just based on my experiences

All of the Jadeworld stuff is on 119, so yes, if you get a 4x4 switch, (which are getting kind of hard to find now, for some weird reason) & aim the other dish at 119 & you set your receiver(s) to 2 LNB, it will work just fine.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)