Does 622 pass OTA 5.1 audio?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

newz54

Original poster
Dec 16, 2006
I am trying to figure if I will need a seperate toslink digital audio cable from my tv and the 622 or will the 622 pass the ota dolby 5.1 audio stream?

Also, I see no reason to subscribe to local service as the channels in LA are all digital and I already receive them via antenna. I understand the program guide will not populate the local channel unless I pay for local dish service.....what happens to the dvr function. If there is no program guide for ota...how do I tell the 622 to always record a program? Does it become a fancy dumb vcr in this respect....I have to tell it when to stop and start recording?

Just FYI, if you are using HDMI it will NOT pass 5.1. Only 2 channel audio. To get 5.1 you must use optical at this point.

I'll have hdmi going from the 622 to the plasma. So the tv will get stereo sound. If I connect a digital optical cable from the 622 to my denon receiver I am good to go?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)