Does a Directv Promo end Oct. 31st?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jimmooney

Original poster
Sep 23, 2008
I am really fired up about getting Directv, now with the $18 + $5 discount and the free HD-DVR. And ESPECIALLY now getting Fox News HD. BUT, I'd like to wait until next month (Nov.) to subscribe, since I have one more month of committment with Dish. But, "somewhere" I thought I read in the threads that "something" (promo) is expiring on Oct. 31st ! I can't seem to find an expiration date on Directv's current promo. Anybody know anything about this. :confused:
Also, I'm somewhat reluctant to open this can of worms, but, if I can ask for a specific HD-DVR receiver at the install, which one should I ask for ?

I am really fired up about getting Directv, now with the $18 + $5 discount and the free HD-DVR. And ESPECIALLY now getting Fox News HD. BUT, I'd like to wait until next month (Nov.) to subscribe, since I have one more month of committment with Dish. But, "somewhere" I thought I read in the threads that "something" (promo) is expiring on Oct. 31st ! I can't seem to find an expiration date on Directv's current promo. Anybody know anything about this. :confused:
Also, I'm somewhat reluctant to open this can of worms, but, if I can ask for a specific HD-DVR receiver at the install, which one should I ask for ?

Keep in mind that if your contract ends in November and the promo you are looking for does end Oct 31 you may want to do this. Call and place the order on 10/31 and delay the install or it may be 2+Weeks out for you. I signed up 10-13 and will not be getting installed until 10/30(First Avail. Date). They gave me the Early Bird on Center Ice which ended 10/15. I however went the route of Sunday ticket and Free Premiere package for 4 Months. It is still cheaper than my Charter Cable in which I have all the channels.

Here is what I found on the bottom of the pricing page
"Offers end 03/03/09 and are based on approved credit; credit card required. Credit card not required in MA & PA. New customers only (lease required). Must maintain programming, DVR service and/or HD Access. Lease fee $4.99/mo. for second and each additional receiver. Upon DIRECTV System activation, customer will receive redemption instructions (included in customer’s first DIRECTV bill, a separate mailing, or, in the state of New York, from retailer) and must comply with the terms of the instructions. In order to receive the full $23 ($15 for BÁSICO, $20 for FAMILIAR ÚLTRA and LO MAXIMO) bill credit customer must enroll in DIRECTV Auto Bill Pay prior to offer redemption. A valid email address is required. Rebate begins 6-8 weeks after receipt of rebate online or by telephone. Timing and duration of promotional price depends on redemption date."

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts