Does A DMX741 Benifit From The 1/2 Inch Spacer Idea?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

yankee495

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 13, 2007
Southwest Missouri
I have read all over about the spacer on the BSC Lnbf but have not found a clear answer for the DMX741.

I have tweaked and tuned and it just seems the Ku could do a little better. I'm not getting any of the PBS on AMC 21 125W with a 6' dish. From what I read they are still there.

Best to peak the DMX741 on your South Sat., make sure the LNBF is centered, parallel to the face of the Dish, and using the proper f/d setting: Experiment with adjusting the Focal Distance and small moves of f/d setting.
Then tweak the Mount to the Arc.

Peak it on C or Ku band? The next three days are nice, 50-60 even. So I plan to tweak it some more, especially the focal distance. I think the dish is pretty close, as adjusting it (elevation) now I can't gain a single point on say a Q jumping like 70,71,70,71 etc. Can't get it to stay on 71 by adjusting the dish. The dish was tuned to a corotor to the best of my ability then I swapped in the 741 (into the corotor scaler ring) and done my best on FD.

I peaked it on C band (I think), by phone to the old lady who was impatient at best!

Does the spacer help the 741 Ku?

From what I read I'm doing pretty good now for a by phone "tune up" and I have a couple feeds we ain't supposed to talk about to compare.

I know nothing about the 1/2" spacer.

On your True South Sat, Peak C, then Peak for Ku. Very small changes in Elevation goes along way in Ku, and never notice in C Band. I count the Adjustment Bolt "faces" (1/6 th of a turn).
Then drive the Dish to the East and West to check Quality, and adjust from there.
I would not expect to be able to tune the in 1 long day.

Ku on my 10 foot is just a little better than my 80cm Ku - I have a 90cm "Bob Jones" for those must have weak feeds. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts