Does AEP include locals?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bmwaaron

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 25, 2003
Sorry for the stupid question but is doesnt specify on the Dish website, also Does AEP include the pvr fees?

AEP does not include locals, but there is a deal for AEP + locals. Check out

http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/programming/packages/index.shtml

I believe its an extra $5 for the locals on top of AEP. $75 for AEP + $5 for the locals = $80. The E in AEP must not mean everything after all.

bmwaaron said:
Sorry for the stupid question but is doesnt specify on the Dish website, also Does AEP include the pvr fees?

There are NO DVR fees if you select AEP. All other packages have a $4.98 VOD fee

The Direct TV AEP is $8 a month more than Dishnetworks but it also includes the Sports pack.

So the Dish package is cheaper if you do not need all those many fox sports net stations.

There are a lot of threads on this. It is a bad name. Ther are lots of things not included in the AEP including but not necessarily limited to:

Locals
Superstations
International channels
Distant nets
out of Market RSNs

Adding to that list, the 490's channels, pay per views, sport leage packages, and anything that I may have left out. In regards to the internations they could say that it is an all english package

ScottChez said:
The Direct TV AEP is $8 a month more than Dishnetworks but it also includes the Sports pack.
Well...AEP includes, NBATV, Golf Channel, Outdoor Life, Outdoor Channel and TV Games (horse racing) channels. Aren't these only on the DirecTV sports pack?

So the Dish package is cheaper if you do not need all those many fox sports net stations.
Even if you do. Dish's package price on the RSN's is $5.99.

But I have to ask this question....was this a DirecTV thread? Looking at the header and all the posts here, there was not one mention of comparing anything to DirecTV.

See ya
Tony

But how many receivers does that AEP + locals cover

I currently have 5 with the 811, which is not on the DHP, since I own it.

If it doesn't include receivers, then it will be 79.99 + 4.99 for every receiver after the first

HDTV Rookie said:
But how many receivers does that AEP + locals cover

I currently have 5 with the 811, which is not on the DHP, since I own it.

If it doesn't include receivers, then it will be 79.99 + 4.99 for every receiver after the first

That's correct! $4.99 for up to 5 additional receivers (max. 6 rec. per acct)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)