Does AirTV (not AirTV Player) have DVR support?

Discussion in 'Over the Air TV By RabbitEars.Info' started by Mr. Sheep, Sep 9, 2018.

1. harshness

harshness SatelliteGuys Master

Docks are great for those who feel comfortable handling sensitive electronics but I would counter that they're not particularly well-suited to the average consumer.

Finding small and cheap bare drives is getting increasingly difficult and I'm not convinced that it is going to get easier. It is annoying at best that you can buy a 6TB drive for the cost of two 1TB drives and the complication of maintaining this collection of bare drives as you rack up recordings. Then there's the issue of transcoding and archiving if you don't want to swap drives in and out of docks. This may be a cheap solution, but it is far from elegant and there are some non-negligible risks involved.

2. Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski Scanning the Skies!
    Staff Member HERE TO HELP YOU!

BTW got a note from the Air TV folks today... the new DVR now supports drives up to 2 TB now. :)

comfortably_numb and primestar31 like this.
  3. Partysox

Partysox SatelliteGuys Pro
    Pub Member / Supporter

That's nice to know.

4. tobsandmags

tobsandmags SatelliteGuys Pro

Is it supported on FireTV? The site only lists Roku SlingTV app versions. I’m trying to get the SlingTV app to recognize the EHD I connected to it, but nothing pops up on the UI.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. tobsandmags

tobsandmags SatelliteGuys Pro

Never mind. It didn’t recognize the 1st drive I tried, but it worked on another one I had.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

comfortably_numb likes this.

Separate names with a comma.

More...