Does anybody have NASCAR 2009 yet?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

fhsucade07

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 10, 2007
If so, what are your impressions? Also, I'm a road course fan and I was curious as to whether or not the Montreal and Mexico City courses are on the game? I'm sure Infineon, Watkins Glen, and Pocono (which is similiar enough to a road course to me) are there.

My brother is trying to convince me to dump the NASCAR series and just pick up Burnout: Paradise. I'm toggling between the two but would love to know about the other two road course tracks I asked about on the '09 game.

Cade

Exactly. The reviews are terrible. If I don't get a good review from somebody here, I might go with Burnout: Paradise. At least then all of the time would be on a "road" course and at least the reviews are excellent with that game.

Nascar 09 is great i bought for the ps3 i dont know if montreal and mexico city tracks are included because i have only been racing the craftman trucks so far i know sonoma is in the game and so is watkins glenn the graphics make it look like you are actually at the tracks. i say go ahead and buy nascar 09 or at least rent it to see if it has what your looking for. pm me i you want me to check for the other tracks

Last edited:
i didnt get it but, i played the demo and it was a lot better than last year, but i still think its not good enough to buy or even rent

If so, what are your impressions? Also, I'm a road course fan and I was curious as to whether or not the Montreal and Mexico City courses are on the game? I'm sure Infineon, Watkins Glen, and Pocono (which is similiar enough to a road course to me) are there.

My brother is trying to convince me to dump the NASCAR series and just pick up Burnout: Paradise. I'm toggling between the two but would love to know about the other two road course tracks I asked about on the '09 game.

Cade

just checked nascar 09 and the only road courses in the game are infineon and watkins glen. montreal and mexico city are not in it

I have to admit this years demo is better than last years demo and the handling is much improved. Still don't know if its worth a purchase though.

Ramy,

I finally went out and rented the game and was very disappointed with the results. Now I can't compare it to last year because I hadn't played NASCAR 2008, but it didn't even add up to the handling and fun factor that I can remember the first few NASCAR games on PS3 having and, honestly, I set it down after about two hours and went back to GTA. As far as the realism of the tracks, though, I'd say they hit it pretty well on. The tracks definitely look authentic. It's just the game play that lacks for me. Regardless, I just went out and bought MLB08: The Show. I know it will get plenty of mileage on my PS3. :D I was also going to purchase Burnout: Paradise and possibly Bad Company. The local Best Buy had sold out of both and I wound up with the only remaining copy of MLB08: The Show.

Cade

Thanks Cade.

You won't be disappointed with Burnout: Paradise if you get it. It is a fun game.

My buddy bought Nascar 09 and said he was dissapointed and he is a pretty big Nascar fan. I was on the fence about buying it until I played the demo then talked to him. He said it was super easy and he beat it really quickly. I have Nascar 08 and wasn't all that impressed with it. I was hoping 09 would be a lot better but according to both him and the reviews it's not. I think they need to change it back to 2 player. What do they think that people have no real life friends nowadays? This is the kind of game that is fun on 2 player mode. Them making it online multiplayer only really takes away from the game imo and they didn't change it this year.

The grapchis are good on both the demo and the 08 version but it doesn't seem like a lot else is. I really would like to have the 09 cars I just am not willing to pay $60 to have some new cars in a game that I never really liked the 08 version of. I should have known when I went to Gamestop to get it a couple days after it 08 came out and they had it used that it would suck. It doesn't seem like 09 is any better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts