Does anybody know what kind of dish this is?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dsmith0429

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 12, 2013
Lake Placid, FL
Does anybody know what kind of dish this is? I saw it on craigslist, but I think someone has gave them a bogus appraisal on it's value, they are asking $3750 for it... ouch!

Attachments

• 00n0n_3JC8Tt5fRcX_600x450.jpg
    00n0n_3JC8Tt5fRcX_600x450.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 384
  • 00H0H_iXDY3gmhs9D_600x450.jpg
    00H0H_iXDY3gmhs9D_600x450.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 356
  • 00z0z_f7KEei3Qfbn_600x450.jpg
    00z0z_f7KEei3Qfbn_600x450.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 344
It's missing parts. I t will not function as is. There appears to be a sub-reflector needed for that feed horn and it's not there.

Does anybody know what kind of dish this is? I saw it on craigslist, but I think someone has gave them a bogus appraisal on it's value, they are asking $3750 for it... ouch!
This just goes to prove we need more drug testing in American. :eeek

There are already too many "testing" drugs as it is :biggrin
Oh,and to stay on topic,what kind of dish is it? Broken!
Yeah, I think they may have "tested way too many drugs" :drunk

The ad says that was 1/2 of the appraisal, so he thinks it's worth $7500, I'm wondering if he's had any offers, :oldlaugh
It's an aluminum (at least that what he thinks it's made of) 8ft dish, the title on the ad is: STAR TREK UFO ALIEN SATELLITE DISH :rolleyes

Still, I'm curious as to who made it and what it should look like...

Reactions: waylew and NotMe546
Maybe they meant that is the max they are willing to pay to have it removed??

That's a Cassegrain design antenna and as mentioned it's missing significant parts. In that condition it's only worth what a scrap metal yard would pay by the pound.

Reactions: dsmith0429
You could possibly convert it into a prime focus dish by inverting the feed and fabricating a mount, or re-use parts from another dish. The spun aluminum would be a great accurate reflector and worth the trouble.

You could possibly convert it into a prime focus dish by inverting the feed and fabricating a mount, or re-use parts from another dish. The spun aluminum would be a great accurate reflector and worth the trouble.
I thought about that, I have a fiberglass dish that is damaged that has a feed arm that mounts in the center of the dish that would probably work perfect for this, but the dish isn't worth what he is asking for it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)