This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Does anyone else hate csr roulette???

freakedout

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 28, 2004
Long time lurker, first time poster .
I had 2 csrs from dish tell me that you cannot sell/give unless your account is closed. I wanted to give my cousin my old dish 500 and my 501/301 since he cannot get free equipment to get him started. I called to have the account on the receiver cleared and removed from my account. I am pretty sure it is common to sell/trade/give away units. If I am wrong please correct me. I need to calm down before I call these jokers back again. I already ran the wire,
and hooked the dish and receivers up. I better get this fixed or I am really going to be pissed.

Do you own or are you on a DHP/DHA plan. If you rent your equipment, no, you can't give it away.

If you own it, spin the barrel and pull the trigger again, maybe 1 out of 6 will know what they're doing.

as long as there is no balance left over & you own your equipment, there shouldnt be a problem. lots of times new customers will call in to activate equipment that is still active on an account or has a balance. usually they just need an ok from the previous user just to make sure the reciever wasnt stolen.