Does anyone have a picture of the inside of a 722 or VIP receiver

I was looking for the same thing (except for a 622). I eventually found one online. Do a search on Yahoo and Google using keywords in various combinations: ViP722, internal, system board, internal parts, underneath, etc. etc. (When you do the search, choose the 'Images' option tab.) It comes up with tons of pictures of the outside but eventually you'll find something.

Why do you need to know? (just curious).... I was trying to determine where the actual hard drive was located inside so I could find the best place to put a center channel speaker while minimizing the chance of magnet getting too close to the internal hard drive. I found an image and determined that the HDD is located near the front of the unit.

So anyways... Happy hunting and good luck. The picture is out there... just got to do a little searching. I was never able to find anything on the forum (unless somebody else knows??)

A/V Speakers

I was trying to determine where the actual hard drive was located inside so I could find the best place to put a center channel speaker while minimizing the chance of magnet getting too close to the internal hard drive.

Real center speakers should be A/V rated which basically means they will be magnetically shielded, so it shouldn't mess up a hard drive.

This was done for the old CRT TVs which were very susceptible to color distortions from speaker magnets.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts