Does anyone know a good and small long range antenna that I can use for my apartment?

edisonprime

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
Okay, so my Lava antenna quit working. And I need one that will get reasonable reception from a good distance. My apartment manager won't allow any more holes on his roof and I need to put one on a 1-inch pole, so what can I use?

Okay, so my Lava antenna quit working. And I need one that will get reasonable reception from a good distance. My apartment manager won't allow any more holes on his roof and I need to put one on a 1-inch pole, so what can I use?
Post some more info,where are you located,can you mount an antenna outside "I need to put one on a 1-inch pole", are you on what floor?

Post some more info,where are you located,can you mount an antenna outside "I need to put one on a 1-inch pole", are you on what floor?

Yes, I can mount it outside. It already is mounted. Just need a new antenna to put on the pole. The antenna is on the roof of the apartment building. It has 6 rooms, but is built like a house, and I'm on the second floor. The pole is 1-inch OD. And I live in Rochester, Minnesota, and would like to get the rest of the local stations (like CW, MyNetworkTV, MeTV, ThisTV, and the rest of my PBS stations) that Dish Network doesn't carry for me, and I don't plan on switching. And if possible, I'd like to get locals from Minneapolis and St. Paul (Twin Cities) of Minnesota as well. (One of the reasons for that is they play reruns of classic Simpsons episodes all the time, and I don't see any reruns at all where I live.)

I'm surprised Iceberg hasn't jumped in, he just ended a similar post except he was looking for inside use. I would guess a HBU33 antenna might work for you.

The HBU33 probably wont work for Minneapolis as that is (depending on where in Rochester he is) a good 80 miles away. It will get the local stations for Rochester just fine which would give him the subchannels he mentions except MyNetwork TV which is only here in Minneapolis....unless he tries to get WKBT in Lacrosse, WI which is 50 miles away (they have it on a subchannel)

I dont know of a "small long range" that would get 80 miles away most of the time. When I had my house I used huge antennas to get KEYC Mankato (which was 72 miles away) which worked fine. Smaller antennas didnt cut it unless it was for local stations

The HBU33 probably wont work for Minneapolis as that is (depending on where in Rochester he is) a good 80 miles away. It will get the local stations for Rochester just fine which would give him the subchannels he mentions except MyNetwork TV which is only here in Minneapolis....unless he tries to get WKBT in Lacrosse, WI which is 50 miles away (they have it on a subchannel)

I dont know of a "small long range" that would get 80 miles away most of the time. When I had my house I used huge antennas to get KEYC Mankato (which was 72 miles away) which worked fine. Smaller antennas didnt cut it unless it was for local stations

I can get MyNetworkTV as a subchannel from Mason City, Iowa, from my local cable company, Charter, or OTA. Somehow DirecTV and Dish Network don't offer my local MNT.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)