Does anyone know how to switch tuners on Motorola 6412

caesar gdi

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 3, 2004
I have a friend that does not know how to change to the second tuner so he can record while watching another show. I dont have cable so I don't know how to do it either.

it will do it automatically. if you are recording one show, you can freely flip through the channels without needing to worry about what tuner you are on. if you are recording two show, you can only watch one of the show that is recording or one that is already recorded.

Can this be disabled some how? My friend swears that he has a 6412 but error pops up saying that the recording will stop when he changes channels

caesar gdi said:
Can this be disabled some how? My friend swears that he has a 6412 but error pops up saying that the recording will stop when he changes channels

Tell your friend to use the small swap button on the bottom of his remote when this happens, it will put him on the other tuner where he can then change channels all he wants too as long as he is only recording 1 show. :)

Just a little additional tip, I have the cable coming out of the wall going directly into a low cost RS distribution amp with outputs going directly into my TV, DVR and DVD-R, with the DVR and DVD-R connected to the TV and each other via rca cables rather then coax. This gives me the flexibility to record 2 shows on the DVR, while watching a 3rd show on a analog channel directly off of my TV and recording a 4th show of another analog channel on my DVD-R. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts