Does anyone know the details about the Directv referral program.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

n1wbd

Silent Key - RIP 1/2/2012
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Grafton,NH
I was chatting with a CSR at Directv regarding costs to switch to D* from Dish.
He told me the install and equipment was free for the 3 room system but there was a $19.95 shipping charge. I tried to get the CSR to waive the shipping charge but he says the only way to waive the charge is to get a referral from a existing customer and get a referral code from the Directv customer. Any info would be appreciated.

Also does anyone know when Burlington VT locals will be launched? The CSR did'nt have any info on that.

Thanks
Bob
N1WBD

My friend called Expert Satellite at 800-431-1221 and gave promo code ref416652 and got 4 free receivers installed plus free shipping after rebate and a free DVD player to boot.

We offer satelliteguys forum members a $50.00 credit on their credit card on our free 1, 2, 3 or 4 room basic DIRECTV systems.

Our shipping charge is $10. per set top box, up to a max. of 4 and we automatically credit your charge card $50.00 upon activation.

DTV TiVo Dealer said:
We offer satelliteguys forum members a $50.00 credit on their credit card on our free 1, 2, 3 or 4 room basic DIRECTV systems.

Our shipping charge is $10. per set top box, up to a max. of 4 and we automatically credit your charge card $50.00 upon activation.

Thanks everyone for the info but I'd rather deal directly with Directv. The idea is to switch from Dish to Directv without any out of pocket expense or temporary charges on my credit card during the switchover. I figure if Directv wants me as a customer they'll waive all "shipping fees" Call me cheap or frugal :) I think it should absolutely free to switch with no "shipping fees"

Bob
N1WBD

DTV TiVo Dealer said:

So this so called $50 credit is actually only $10 after shipping for example a 4 room system. I understand that the dealer have to make a dollar. I worked in the TV service/sales for a number of years. But Directv should foot the entire bill for the switchover especially to get Dish Network subs. not the new customer. Directv makes out in the long run.

Bob N1WBD

There is the $50 Referal Rebate and there is also the $80 Expert Sat Referal Rebate.

Im sure most here would be glad to split that up with you.

You get a much better deal if you DO NO buy directly from Direct TV. I tried and the numbers with Shipping and the Extra wiring charges just dont add up. Going with Expert Sat or Value E is a much better deal if you are switch.

Just Personal Message PM any of us I bet we could do $20 for me and $60 for you on a referal. Thats like an extra big rebate.

All you need is the referal code or URL Example:

http://www.expertsatellite.com/index.php?exp_affil=ref605018

n1wbd said:
So this so called $50 credit is actually only $10 after shipping for example a 4 room system. I understand that the dealer have to make a dollar. I worked in the TV service/sales for a number of years. But Directv should foot the entire bill for the switchover especially to get Dish Network subs. not the new customer. Directv makes out in the long run.

Bob N1WBD

Bob,

Actually, your final cost would be $-10.00, or better said, I will pay you $10.00 to get your 4 room DIRECTV system from my company.

As an extra courtesy, I would be happy to waive the shipping up front.

Dealing with a reputable dealer you will benefit by getting better service, and technical support, having a better quality installation and choosing the receiver brand and feature you want.

When you go through a dealer you get the dealers support and you always have the same support back-up form DIRECTV as well.

-Robert

copy past from info at my work

Existing customers can refer friends and family to (800) 341-4388 or through offer flyer.
Flyer available in order confirmation letter, DIRECTV bill or through e-mail.
New customers must:
Call (800) 341-4388.
Provide existing customer's account number. Account number is "special offer code."
If existing customer's account number is not provided, existing customer will not receive $50 referral credit.
Order equipment/installation offer. Special Offer includes free handling and delivery.
Make a payment, if required.
Existing customers:
$50 credit is applied to existing customer's account 1-2 days after new customer's order is confirmed in OMS.
Must be active.
New customer cannot be in NRTC area

sorry no promo code

Save a few dollars and deal with DirecTV directly. You'll get one of their contractors, probably some young kid making $10 an hour, Has no pride of ownership and really does'nt care what the install looks like "AS LONG AS IT WORKS" Then you'll get the misfortune of having to deal with DirecTV directly again. Been there done that. I'm betting if Valueelectronics is sticking his neck out on this sight, they must back up there installers work. Just curious, who'd you buy and have your Dish Network system installed from or why your switching?

wobbie said:
Save a few dollars and deal with DirecTV directly. You'll get one of their contractors, probably some young kid making $10 an hour, Has no pride of ownership and really does'nt care what the install looks like "AS LONG AS IT WORKS" Then you'll get the misfortune of having to deal with DirecTV directly again. Been there done that. I'm betting if Valueelectronics is sticking his neck out on this sight, they must back up there installers work. Just curious, who'd you buy and have your Dish Network system installed from or why your switching?

Well basically been with Dish Network since 1998 and I'm getting sick of looking at their plain Jane menu systems, lack of adding new channels to AT180 package. But mainly the govt changed the law so all NH residents can recieve WMUR Ch 9 regardless of DMA which Dish Network does'nt carry and Directv does, plus Directv has couple of channels that Dish does'nt like Trio, CBC Newsworld etc.

As far as dealing with Directv or Dish Network directly or dealing with a Internet store front you are going to get a sub contracted installer (you don't really think a store say in NY or IL will do their own installs in NH or CA?)that they've hired to do installs in my local area so basically you still take a chance of getting a person that does shoddy work. Fortunately in my case my system is already installed all the subcontracted would have to do is change out the dishes and multiswitch as the wiring is already done. Easy job for most installers. I used to install TV antennas and dishes as well as working in the TV repair field for a living before going on disability so I can tell if a installer is doing a poor install.
Unfortunately I don't do roofs anymore. My local dealer that I have do my work does'nt sell Directv just Dish otherwise I'd deal with him.

No offense to the fine reputable dealers that do business on the Internet but I'm sure they don't travel the country to check out their subcontracted install jobs.

Bob
N1WBD

I operate my company much differently than any other retailer. We are the only company that maintains our own database of independent satellite installation companies. We require SBCA Certification and of course, insurance. To learn more about SBCA Certification please read my web page at http://www.valueelectronics.com/pro-install.htm . Our competitors use large nationwide contractors who sub-contract the work to smaller companies.

Other than the proper schooling, our satellite technicians are paid a higher rate then the industry and have a long term direct partnership with our company. Satellite technicians are underpaid as a result of competition continually pushing the price down.

We happily pay higher rates and take a smaller profit for ourselves for two reasons. One is to help ensure we provide the best quality installation where our technician is happy to be in your home. Plus we want to reward the best technicians with a more reasonable pay structure.

In many cases (certainly not all) our technicians are the same people that CC, BB and other on-line companies use, they are just happier and prepared to do the best job when they are sent by my company.

-Robert

Robert is an excellent dealer and I know several people who have purchased from him and had great experiences.

On the other had my parents bought a system directly from D* a year ago and it still isn't hooked properly.

I think Expert Satellite and Value Electronics are the Two Best Direct TV dealers in the whole country based on:

the total shipping price
and the customer experience.

Quite honestly - if I didn't work for a DTV dealer - I would buy from Valueelectronics - Robert seems like a top notch guy!

If you still just want to work with D*, PM me and I'll tell you w/e you need to know to get your referral credit.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)