Does anyone know what the USB connector is for on Joey2?

bookworm370

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 11, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
I just upgraded to the 1 H3 and 3 Joey's. On the old Hopper, one USB was for the OTA connector which is now only needed on the single H3. The 2nd was for EHD's.

But I can find any documentation of what the use is of the USB port on the new Joey 2's.

Anyone run across this?

Thanks.

The origional Joeys had a USB port too. it has never been used for anything by DISH. However I think on of my sons plus his phone into it to charge it.

Great point, I forgot I lost the bluetooth option when I removed the Hopper. Out to buy a BT adapter. Anyone have any recommendations for ones that work well?

Great point, I forgot I lost the bluetooth option when I removed the Hopper. Out to buy a BT adapter. Anyone have any recommendations for ones that work well?
The Dish is the only one guaranteed to work. If you get lucky and get a 3rd party one with the same chipset it may work, but it's not worth the trial and error hassle to possibly save at most $10.00 or so.

The origional Joeys had a USB port too. it has never been used for anything by DISH. However I think on of my sons plus his phone into it to charge it.

with my H3 upgrade/install today. I purchased a Bluetooth Dongle that plugs into the USB port on the Joey so I can use the Bluetooth headphones that I also purchased. I'm guessing that works on all the Joeys (?)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)