does anyone know where il be able to find olympic feeds at this comeing weekend ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

joem919

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 30, 2007
myrtle beach
since the olympics are starting i was wondering if anyone new where i could find the best feeds at ?

Specific feed info won't (and definitely SHOULDN'T, especially in this case) be posted in open forum.

My recommendation is, if you have a blind scan-capable receiver, start with the usual suspects... AMC-6, Horizons 2, AMC-5, Galaxy 11, Galaxy 26 (although that bird is crippled), and AMC-1. Blind scan them regularly starting now, and you'll probably get some ideas of where the good stuff will be once the games begin.

ok sorry i asked that i guess thats what i ment is were to find the good sats that will show it thanks tron

You didn't ask anything that you shouldn't have asked. Its a very relevant question this week :) I just wanted to stress to others that its a bad idea to post answers with specific information about the feed (frequency, symbol rate, etc.) in open forum.

The rule about not posting specific feed info on open forum is to prevent the "bean counters" at the networks from scrambling the feeds if they feel too many "unauthorized" viewers (that's us ;) ) are viewing them. There have been a couple of exceptions to this rule, such as when Hurricane Katrina hit in 2005 (there was an open thread with specific feed info because so many readers who were affected needed access to that information). I suspect the Olympic feed information will be kept quiet on open forum though.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)