Does anyone sell 8' or larger dishes anymore?

I bough a 10' spun Aluminum dish from DH Satellite a few months ago. Expensive but well worth it for me. They delivered on a custom trailer to my house after having delivered to a TV station in Mississippi then to my house then the Fox station in Orlando.

===
Bill

We're working on it----but don't expect anything before mid-summer.
If anyone went through what we have done to get to this point, you would not complain.

You have 3 choices....1) a cheap piece of questionable metal from China.
2) A commercial antenna such as TRUE FOCUS, which we have always had available...but they are not cheap!
3) Or bear with us a little bit longer in the hopes that we can get all of the logistics of finance, moving and setup of a factory under control on a permanent basis. There are a number of reasons that nobody is jumping in to this industry any more, and that includes having a sustainable number of antenna sales to support it long-term. You will have news when I have progress to report. Thank you.

Just to get calibrated, what would a 10' spun aluminum DH set a fellow back?
I see it in your avatar, and it's a beauty! :up

Thanks, Anole. That DH dish is a beast. The one piece 10' 0.125 thickness with 48" ring and mount for 5.5" O.D. pipe was $1059. The 5.5" base was $510. I also bought a 36" Venture actuator from them for $369. I don't remember the delivery cost but it was a few hundred more from Wisconsin to south Florida. I had a Sadoun 8 foot dish and there is no comparison to the quality of the DH. The first 2 pictures are the DH and the second 2 are the Sadoun. DSC_0709_zps38c082eb.jpg 20130115_145759_resized_zps17f688e7.jpg ALigningLNBWeightwithsupportarm.jpg Rear.jpg

Reactions: k.r.
We're working on it----but don't expect anything before mid-summer.
If anyone went through what we have done to get to this point, you would not complain.

You have 3 choices....1) a cheap piece of questionable metal from China.
2) A commercial antenna such as TRUE FOCUS, which we have always had available...but they are not cheap!
3) Or bear with us a little bit longer in the hopes that we can get all of the logistics of finance, moving and setup of a factory under control on a permanent basis. There are a number of reasons that nobody is jumping in to this industry any more, and that includes having a sustainable number of antenna sales to support it long-term. You will have news when I have progress to report. Thank you.

Best of luck to you Mike.

Cheers, K

Unless your local, the only thing that scares me is the shipping fees.

Not local. We drop ship the one piece 1.8 and 2.4 AZ/EL units throughout the US. Not cheap, but they are well protected and crated. Ship by ground freight across the US for $250 - $350

Special order drop shipment for our commercial customers. We don't retail as this product can be purchased by anyone directly from Andersen.

Thanks, Anole. That DH dish is a beast.
The one piece 10' 0.125 thickness with 48" ring and mount for 5.5" O.D. pipe was $1059.
The 5.5" base was $510.
I also bought a 36" Venture actuator from them for $369.
I don't remember the delivery cost but it was a few hundred more from Wisconsin to south Florida.
I had a Sadoun 8 foot dish and there is no comparison to the quality of the DH.

. View attachment 88541
We ran across one used , recently.
I thought it might be a DH, based on the look of the feed supports.
Now I know it was - those rods on the back side from ring to edge are the clue.

Did DH delivery set it on the mount for you?
Did they leave any instructions how to adjust those rods?
Yea, that beauty will outlive us all! ;) :up

Regarding shipping, Sadoun's site quote me at 600$ to ship their 1.8m.
For that amount, it be cheaper to drive there.
Their site?
You should have called or emailed.
That was obviously a mistake.
I would think more like $100-$200.

Edit: that's why it's broken down into a little box
see Brian's shipping comment above for one-piece dishes.

Last edited:
My neighbor and I lifted the dish up on the mount. DH Satellite delivered to my front yard only. The dish was 105 lbs so it was a bear to get up with two people. Three would have been easier. The instructions were very well written and not in Engrish ;-)

Here is the paragraph on adjusting (I found mine was spot on from factory and did not need to make any adjustments once I stretched the strings):

Capture-2_zps6a53efc8.jpg

===
Bill

Got it. Regarding shipping, Sadoun's site quote me at 600$ to ship their 1.8m. For that amount, it be cheaper to drive there.

Hmm how did sadoun quoted you $600 shipped just for the 1.8m dish.???

I just did the shipping calculation from sadoun including the 6ft dish + ground pole mount + Cband LNB + actuator + Seahawk receiver + vbox mover + shipping for $494.53 shipped to California..

Check image

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Attachments

• 1371065583738.jpg
    1371065583738.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 279
Pay the piper

At some time in the past, the Sadoun site may have miscalculated.
That sort of rings a bell in my memory...

$126 is more like I would have expected, and what upset a lot of people who wanted the WSI 6'er for $70!
Cost of shipping doubled that price. ;)

So, for those who look at $100 in gas, or $100 to rent a truck/trailer, those used local dishes are still a bargain. :up
Just get a good one ... no matter how many months (years) it takes to find it. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts