Does anyone's 811 remote control their samsung tv?

ilaudio

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 5, 2003
I just got an 811. I scanned to find the code on the remote for my 30" Widescreen Samsung HDTV. It will change volume, power & mute, but not switch TV video inputs. My old 4900 remote would do this.

Anyone else have luck with 811 remote changing their input?

ilaudio said:
I just got an 811. I scanned to find the code on the remote for my 30" Widescreen Samsung HDTV. It will change volume, power & mute, but not switch TV video inputs. My old 4900 remote would do this.

Anyone else have luck with 811 remote changing their input?

I have a Samsung DLP and I too can change inputs by pressing the TV button, then the SD/HD button. I can navigate to s-vid, component, DVI or whatever, but to actually select it so it changes, I have to hit the volume bar "up" (increase volume). Give that a try.

The big key here is that you MUST push the TV button to change inputs and that is done with the HD/SD button. The power and volume controls will work with the Sat button depressed.

Bobby said:
The big key here is that you MUST push the TV button to change inputs and that is done with the HD/SD button. The power and volume controls will work with the Sat button depressed.[/Qmy vol keys, # keys and power works. I hit the input button and it brings up the menu however I cant scroll or select. ??? I tried all the codes in the book

It won't let you change TV inputs if you have programmed the 811 remote to allow AUX (volume & muting) to be controlled by the remote when in SAT mode. This programming negates the remotes ability to select a different input. You can still call up the inputs w/ the SD/HD button and traverse them w/ the up and down buttons. But, you can't select a new input because selection requires use of the Volume button and it is now tied to the other modes.

I'm using my 811 w/ a Sammy HLN507W DLP and a STRV895 receiver. Input change was fine with the 811 remote until I programmed the remote to allow AUX A/V receiver volume changes and muting while in SAT mode.

Carl B said:
It won't let you change TV inputs if you have programmed the 811 remote to allow AUX (volume & muting) to be controlled by the remote when in SAT mode. This programming negates the remotes ability to select a different input. You can still call up the inputs w/ the SD/HD button and traverse them w/ the up and down buttons. But, you can't select a new input because selection requires use of the Volume button and it is now tied to the other modes.

I'm using my 811 w/ a Sammy HLN507W DLP and a STRV895 receiver. Input change was fine with the 811 remote until I programmed the remote to allow AUX A/V receiver volume changes and muting while in SAT mode.

Ditto for my HLN617 Sammy

There is a number I press while pressing menu to program my universal remote from the receiver does anyone know this.

I have a Toshiba TV and the 811 remote has commands for just about everything, even in SAT mode it controls TV mute, volume and power, on TV mode it does all that plus change inputs and channels.
The kicker is that I didn't have to program it, I just pressed a button by mistake one day and it changed the volume :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)