Does D* has any credibility left?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

voomontheloon

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 3, 2005
The most valuable asset a business has is its credibility. When you make a public promise to do something, you do it. If you can't, at least explain to the customers the reason for falling short, and what steps are being taken to address the issues.

D* does not seem to give a hoot about its credibility. It makes one empty promise after another and never explains why it is unable to keep them. Does it think it is immune to customer defection? Just wondering....

I know some will defend D* no matter what it does, but I for one will be going back to E* when my current contract is done, unless D* delivers its national HD promises before then (and I spend about $150 a month on my sat services).

See ya! What a garbage post, what exactly did D* promise that you have not received? Can't wait to see your answer.

Can you please explain what Promises Directv gave, and please cite actual DIRECTV promises, not people writing them on a forum (a press release or commercial from youtube would be nice :) )..also I am sorry you feel this way about Directv, I have had NOTHING but great experiences with them thus far, especially since they announced the new tvio HD Dvr :). DIsh is a great company as well, and has great plans for the future, but I dont think at this point there is reason to bad mouth Directv, unlessyou can back it up with facts.

D hasn't promised anything. 15 posts in 3 years wow. It's real funny that your going back to E a company that actually does promise things and most of the time doesn't follow through. see ya

Yes, exactly what promises has D* failed to deliver? They have more HD channels than anyone. They are adding HD locals almost every week. This is why I moved to them after being a cable drone for 20+ years.

Just because the channel you want is not added, does not mean they failed to deliver on their promises.

I know some will defend D* no matter what it does, but I for one will be going back to E* when my current contract is done, unless D* delivers its national HD promises before then (and I spend about $150 a month on my sat services).
Well. see ya. I'll defend them, per the above. What national promises have they failed at? BTW, my bill is $164 per month!!! nyeh!

The most valuable asset a business has is its credibility. When you make a public promise to do something, you do it. If you can't, at least explain to the customers the reason for falling short, and what steps are being taken to address the issues.

D* does not seem to give a hoot about its credibility. It makes one empty promise after another and never explains why it is unable to keep them. Does it think it is immune to customer defection? Just wondering....

I've had both and worked for one and so far the provider your wanting to go to is actually the one that has historicly broken one promise after another while direct has never actualy promised anything but rather used variations of "up to " in its statements. Now if you can actually back up your claims that they have broken promises with proof where they have actually said " we give our word that this will happen" or " We promise that this will be so on this date and time" with links to press releases from Direct then you got something to stand on otherwise you just another person that cant wait for a favorite channel to be in hd or to be added.

I wonder when an adventurer is exploring a dungeon if he can smell the troll thats baiting him to go in?

With all due respect to the apologists, DirecTV has disappointed, especially as it pertains to their own press release announcing the successful launch of D11.

The headline for that press release reads:
DIRECTV Satellite Launch Sets the Stage for Delivery of Up to 150 National HD Channels

The DIRECTV Group, Inc. - DIRECTV Satellite Launch Sets the Stage for Delivery of Up to 150 National HD Channels

The first thing mentioned in the very first paragraph of that press release is the addition of national HD's. Now we all know they were also working on locals, RSN's, and MPEG 2 to 4 conversion, but that wasn't the lead story on D11's launch. More National HD was. And they used that headline intentionally .... because it is near and dear to many many customers.

Now as it turns out, the press release was pretty bogus. Then again, who'd pay attention to a press release with the headline "More RSNs, PPVs and Planet Green coming soon".

Anyway .... they seem to have lowered themselves to their competition in advertising, shifty channel counting, etc. Pretty unsavory for the "Undisputed Leader".

Jeff

... and as mentioned BEFORE from this release....

"when the satellite goes into service this fall."

.... Do you even realize that fall is ONLY 11 days old! GEEZ! You guys need to get a life sorry to say. I don't see 11 days into the fall expectation as any disappointment, lie, or anything else for that matter. So what if the bird is up there and parked already; so what if a few signals may be on it already; the fact remains you guys have your crap-stained diapers in a bunch over nothing IMHO. I could care less if this is DirecTV, Dish or your local cable co; you guys seem to think this as easy as driving to the store to buy a loaf of bread. I would hate for ANY of you people to run any business I wanted to succeed long-term. Maybe you guys just need a reading & comprehension refresher class? These kinds of asinine comments are EXACTLY why I hate when any company gives out info too far in advance; the kids start to cry. I guess when DirecTV 12 isn't up by 01/02/09 these same tards will be posting yet again about this kind of crap! (wah - wah)!

LOL!

Last edited:
... and as mentioned BEFORE from this release....

"when the satellite goes into service this fall."

.... Do you even realize that fall is ONLY 11 days old! GEEZ! You guys need to get a life sorry to say. I don't see 11 days into the fall expectation as any disappointment, lie, or anything else for that matter. You seem to think this as easy as driving to the store to buy a loaf of bread. I would hate for ANY of you people to run any business I wanted to succeed long-term. Maybe you guys just need a reading & comprehension refresher class? These kinds of asinine comments are EXACTLY why I hate when any company gives out info too far in advance; the kids start to cry (wah - wah)!

LOL!

Yeah, I know. But it would have been nice to know that all of those other initiatives were going to be handled first upon the lighting up of D11.

In the meantime, playing fanboys vs critics helps to pass the time. Sort of like a modern-world version of cowboys and indians.

:wave

TGIF !

Those comments were not directed specifically toward you Pirate (thus no quote) but you happened to post this release again (its been in the other threads as well). I wish that all companies would just stop the pre-announcements until a week or two before a 99.99% certain go with a product; but especially in this industry.

in that press release where does it say It WILL have national HD channels, all I see is boost in capacity, and in that I am not let down at all.

The only one with a creditbitly issue is the op my god. I love Hd as much as anyone but i dont sit here everyday running my life on when new hd channels are being released. There is life outside of Tv.

Hell most companies say things they hope would happen but sometimes things dont go as planned get a life

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts