Does D* has any credibility left?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
"Sets the Stage" indicates that a tool and or a procedure has been put in place or motion to allow a process or plan to move forward or take place.

"enabling the industry's HD leader to deliver up to 150 national HD channels when the satellite goes into service this fall." Theres roughly 91.25 days in the fall season and as stated we're about 11 days into it so far and as the press release also says "up to" not "will have" 150 national HD channels.

"DIRECTV will launch another satellite in 2009 that will enable the nation's leading satellite TV service to offer consumers up to 200 national HD channels. " Be sure to read this one carefuly and if you can find where it states that they promise to offer 200 national HD channels by a specific time then let me know.

"Our new DIRECTV 11 satellite will soon join its sister satellite in orbit to form the most robust HD delivery system" This also is important to note because when some of your tools are 22,236 miles (35,786 km) above the earth it takes a little more care to set things in motion and alot of testing has to be done to ensure that everything functions as required.

I have never had a complaint with what D* put on the screen, but they need to put some of that into their non-existent customer service. I dropped them before because there was NO getting any response back for service that I was paying for but not getting, and only got action when I marked on my bill why I was dropping them. Regretfully I forgot how bad it was and signed back up with them because of reception problems with E*, only to find that that now they promise discounts at sign up and don't mention there are things you have to do to get those discounts. They have a great product and don't need to pull trhese scams to make money.

I agree that more HD would definitely be nice and I too wonder what the hold up is.

But Van is right, if you pay careful attention to the wording of the release, they have not broken any promises.

The most valuable asset a business has is its credibility. When you make a public promise to do something, you do it. If you can't, at least explain to the customers the reason for falling short, and what steps are being taken to address the issues.

D* does not seem to give a hoot about its credibility. It makes one empty promise after another and never explains why it is unable to keep them. Does it think it is immune to customer defection? Just wondering....

I know some will defend D* no matter what it does, but I for one will be going back to E* when my current contract is done, unless D* delivers its national HD promises before then (and I spend about $150 a month on my sat services).

Funny I am browseing this forum to check out D* because E* customer service is among the worst of any company I have dealt with, CONSISTENTLY!! You have to fight with them all the time, even to get service. They only want the cherry easy installs, virtually impossible to get them to do roof installs. When you call you get India and people that don't even know what they are talking about. It is so bad they now have multiple "Executive Escalation" offices and they are in Texas staffed by more barely speaking English people that don't know what they are talking about. I really don't care where they support me from, but they should be able to effectively communicate in English and understand their product and service. If D* had a better DVR I woudl be on D* in a second. The E* 622/722 is an awesome DVR. Also E* will sell you just HD now so that and the DVR I stay for now, but am really waiting for D* to offer a better DVR. I need 2 SAT and OTA recording and if they sold HD only I would switch, I refuse to do any upgrades or anything that will force me into a E* commitment as I hope D* comes out with somthing for me then I am bye bye E*.

Again, What is wrong with DTV DVR?:confused:

by personal experience is not as good as the vip series for E. i have both and have no need to favor either one but i do like D more:). To the previous post. The service and programming is better for D. The Dvr isn't horrible either. Just do it. eventually the DVR's will get better. They are good enough but everything else on D's side is just way better. Do it!

I know DTV is better I've had both, and Dish can go and take a flying leap off of something. I have no problems with my h-20, and the wife knows how to use. If she doesn't complain about it must be OK.

Brian

I need OTA DVR, I often have 3 programs recording at once, 2 SAT and one OTA. My only other option woudl be to get 2 DVRs from them, not sure how practical that is especially from an inputs to my Home Theater concern. My understanding is also that the OTA tuner is not as good as the E* DVR as far as dealing ith certain signals. Also the Dish DVR has an RF out so I can pipe the RF out to TV in my excersize room and my bedroom, very flexible.

Again, So the Directv's Dvr are bad because you can't record three shows at once. I don't think that is a valid excuse. People have become so spoiled with dvr's it's unreal. So what did you do 15 years ago when you couldn't record 2 things at once?

If you want to record more than two purchase a second dvr.

SPOILED PEOPLE

Again, So the Directv's Dvr are bad because you can't record three shows at once. I don't think that is a valid excuse. People have become so spoiled with dvr's it's unreal. So what did you do 15 years ago when you couldn't record 2 things at once?

If you want to record more than two purchase a second dvr.

SPOILED PEOPLE

I've got 5 DVRs. I'm covered. :hungry:

Well, honestly, there is still plenty wrong with it.
Now don't get me wrong, I've had both D* and E* and I hope I never have to return to E*, but there is plenty of room for improvement with the D* HDDVR's.

Well, honestly, there is still plenty wrong with it.
Now don't get me wrong, I've had both D* and E* and I hope I never have to return to E*, but there is plenty of room for improvement with the D* HDDVR's.

You are correct and with the Cutting Edge program those improvements are being tested and corrected every weekend.;)

.....and? Details?

HR20-100: missed or blank recordings, loss of all Mpeg 4 HD channels at least once or twice weekly, slow remote and guide performance.

HR-21-100: continous "cannot read access card" errors, starting and ending recordings early, and painfully slow remote and guide performance.

You are correct and with the Cutting Edge program those improvements are being tested and corrected every weekend.;)

I agree to an extent, but for all that has been improved on the HR20's, seems like the same and more problems arise with each new model.

As far as the original post. I've been a DTV user for 6 years and I've never had an issue, I've even been happy with my support calls!

Count me as one that could care less about Travel or Fox News in HD, but I'm probably in the minority. I'll be happy when they are, but I'm not losing sleep.

I do wish ALL of the Premium Movie Channels were available in HD, and some of my other locals were available in HD (the big 4 are, so thats most of it), but I also realize they're working on it. I'll be patient and happy with what I have :)

HR20-100: missed or blank recordings, loss of all Mpeg 4 HD channels at least once or twice weekly, slow remote and guide performance.

HR-21-100: continous "cannot read access card" errors, starting and ending recordings early, and painfully slow remote and guide performance.

I'll give you the slow remote and guide performance on the HR-20, but the other issues sound like signal strength problems rather than problems with the box. I had similar things before I had my dish realigned - nothing since.

I don't have a -21, so I can't offer anything on that...

I'll give you the slow remote and guide performance on the HR-20, but the other issues sound like signal strength problems rather than problems with the box. I had similar things before I had my dish realigned - nothing since.

I don't have a -21, so I can't offer anything on that...

I would have thought signal strength also, but most of mine range from 90-100 on all satellites. Also a reset usually corrects the problem, but thats several minutes of missed viewing, interupted recordings, etc.

I didn't mean to use this thread as my personal rant, but no one should be led to believe the HR's are problem free.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)