Does D* have a package like this??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tg18083

Original poster
Jul 9, 2006
Vandalia
I live in a college town, and own a rental less than a block from my home. My son is college age, and the rental is about to become vacant . . . he is gonna move in.

I had DirecTV, but swithched recently to cable, because I wanted locals (not available in my zip).

I still have my antenna pointing up at a d* satellite.

If he were to get DirecTV service, does D* have a package that would alllow us to share (him getting one more receiver than he would need - giving me one to supplement my cable)?? Would it even work?? Would my receiver have to be hooked up to a phone line??

t

that is called account sharing and that is illegal. All receivers have to be at the same physical address

I probably didn't ask the question well - but I'm guessing the answer is still no . . . Does D* offer a package where one client (me - home owner and rental owner), knowingly allow service at two sites for a reduced cost??

instead of $X at one site . . . 2x$X - $10 for two sites, one customer??

tom

Image "Mirroring"

Iceberg,

When I was in the military, I had my regular Directv service in the San Francisco bay area at my house. I was stationed at Barksdale AFB, La, and I was able to have my Directv service "mirrored" to my location in Shreveport, La.

If this particular individual has a secondary home, I would think she would be able to "mirror" Directv service legally.

nope. All receivers have to be at the same household per the agreement between the subscriber and Dish/Direct

but...do people do what is posted above? yes
is it legal? no

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)