Does D* have a package like this??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

tg18083

Original poster
Jul 9, 2006
Vandalia
I live in a college town, and own a rental less than a block from my home. My son is college age, and the rental is about to become vacant . . . he is gonna move in.

I had DirecTV, but swithched recently to cable, because I wanted locals (not available in my zip).

I still have my antenna pointing up at a d* satellite.

If he were to get DirecTV service, does D* have a package that would alllow us to share (him getting one more receiver than he would need - giving me one to supplement my cable)?? Would it even work?? Would my receiver have to be hooked up to a phone line??

t

that is called account sharing and that is illegal. All receivers have to be at the same physical address

I probably didn't ask the question well - but I'm guessing the answer is still no . . . Does D* offer a package where one client (me - home owner and rental owner), knowingly allow service at two sites for a reduced cost??

instead of $X at one site . . . 2x$X - $10 for two sites, one customer??

tom

Image "Mirroring"

Iceberg,

When I was in the military, I had my regular Directv service in the San Francisco bay area at my house. I was stationed at Barksdale AFB, La, and I was able to have my Directv service "mirrored" to my location in Shreveport, La.

If this particular individual has a secondary home, I would think she would be able to "mirror" Directv service legally.

nope. All receivers have to be at the same household per the agreement between the subscriber and Dish/Direct

but...do people do what is posted above? yes
is it legal? no

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts