does direct tv own my purchased recievers?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
How trustworthy is eBay buying boxes? I never liked the idea of buying an Xbox from eBay in fear the MAC address is blacklisted

If you are buying from eBay, get the RID and ask Directv if it is owned or leased. If leased, RUN!

I believe it's the only business that operates this way?
My area Comcast requires a fairly stiff "Professional Installation" fee on any of the latest equipment that they rent. You don't have to pay a fee for the old stuff and I presume that's because it is already depreciated.

Every Directv receiver is leased. Its a stupid policy, as there is really no option to buy a receiver.

Atleast with Dish they give you the option of buying your own equipment, but then again a 722 for Dish is $319 compaired to $150 for a Directv HR24.

Even on an HD or Standard Def box your looking at $59 these days.

Its really not even worth arguing the point with Directv.

I have to assume the receiver (s) we bought in 2001 is actually owned by us, I'm thinking we paid like $99 or less for it for it and that included the dish. A year later we got another receiver and it came with another dish for about the same price. Pretty sure it was Best Buy.

Every Directv receiver is leased. Its a stupid policy, as there is really no option to buy a receiver.

Atleast with Dish they give you the option of buying your own equipment, but then again a 722 for Dish is $319 compaired to $150 for a Directv HR24.

Even on an HD or Standard Def box your looking at $59 these days.

Its really not even worth arguing the point with Directv.

Not every Directv branded box is leased Claude. Most, yes, but not every one.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)