Does Directv carry Unimas?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

CK SatGuy

Formerly ckhalil18
Original poster
Feb 7, 2011
The Motor City
I thought Directv carried Unimas (formerly Telefutura) but I can't find any info on it on their website and the channel doesn't show up in my guide. Does Directv still carry it and if so what packages is it suppose to be in? Any help is appreciated.

Yes, it's west coast feed only, though. Ch 408, SD/HD. You need access to the 119 satellite with a 5 LNB dish.
If you have a local affiliate, it will appear on the channel it is OTA.

Ah, no wonder it's not even showing up on my guide. I only have a 3 LNB dish. So then is it only in the Latino packages?

Thread Starter, what city/town do you live in? Unimas might be available where you are OTA. I have it with my AM21 on channel 40-2 from the Raleigh NC DMA. Maybe you can get it, too! (Or "move" to get one...)

Thread Starter, what city/town do you live in? Unimas might be available where you are OTA. I have it with my AM21 on channel 40-2 from the Raleigh NC DMA. Maybe you can get it, too! (Or "move" to get one...)
I'm in Detroit. No Spanish stations in OTA at all around here. Closest ones are in Chicago but I don't think they're on the same spotbeam.

I have the Ultimate Package and I wanted Unimas so I added the Mexico Plus add-on. They came out and switched my LNB and the package has a lot of other good channels.

I added the basic Spanish package for sports - Fox Deportes will usually show the Red Sox game (if available) on Saturday while my locals Fox channels show Braves (blah!). There is baseball on the Dominican channel and ESPN Deportes, too. And the 119 Satellite allows me to "move" to the next county up and get another DMAs locals on SV (sadly, only in SD) which gives me Redskins preseason games live in addition to the Panthers on the true locals. And the Spanish channels NEVER go away (HD or SD), even in a monsoon rain, so ESPN Deportes is a good MNF backup to ESPN in rain. You also get Jewish Life TV and CCTV News in English with access to the 119 and no Spanish package.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts