Does DirecTV charge you when you change service levels?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

IceRunner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 10, 2006
When I was with Dish Network, it charged me $5 every time I went up or down on my service level. Does DirecTV do the same thing?

If not, it could come in handy.

For example: Your favorite team is playing on ESPNU and you don't get that level of service. You change to that level the morning of the game and go back down to your original level the day after.

also,
i know that if u order lets say hbo saturday morning to watch a movie saturday night then cancel on sunday they still charge u the whole $14 monthly fee....it used to be a pro rated charge of like 0.45 but i guess they finally caught on.

also,
i know that if u order lets say hbo saturday morning to watch a movie saturday night then cancel on sunday they still charge u the whole $14 monthly fee....it used to be a pro rated charge but i guess they finally caught on.
Its still prorated. But the rules are you can't add programming for 1 day and drop it the next for free. Thats where the $10 fee comes in.

is it like E the limits you to a certain amount of times they allow for program changes? and when you sign up like i did can i lets say in 3 months change my programming or will my 2 year contract limit this?

You can Change your D* programming anytime you want. But if you add Cinemax to your package , You cant take it off for 30 days ,Or it will cost you $10. Now say you have cinemax and you add Starz, and 2 days later you decide you don't want Cinemax anymore , You can't drop it without a $10 fee. Because you just added Starz 2 days ago. But you can swap for free or just wait 30 days then you can drop everything. You can't downgrade anything with in 30 days of Adding any Programming package,Or its $10.

In the situation Hemi discussed, if you had the previous package for more than 30 days and want to remove it, they will do it without the charge, but you must call. The web site will not do it due to the recent adding of another premium.

A side note - D* lets you control all adds/drops online, something E* didn't do when I had them. I think they added the drop option, but limited it's use or something. D* is very flexible in allowing web management of your account.

So in the scenario in the first post of the thread, they would or wouldn't charge me?

Day after change, yes - $10 plus prorated sports pack fee.

Month after change, no extra fees.

If I recall, you can change from sports to another premium with no charge, but still need to wait 30 days to drop it.

When I wanted ESPNU, I would switch my starz pack to sport pack, then switch back. Just can't cancel the premium until 30 days past the last change.

30 days, or you can drop HBO at the same time you add starz/shotime. That resets the 30 day count before you can turn those off (w/o fee).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)