Does Directv...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bmatt8

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 5, 2005
need to know you have a newer mpeg4 dish so they can do something to their account of will i just automatically get the new chanells when i install my new dish.

Not sure I understand the question. Are you saying if you install the new 5 LNB dish, will the new HD channels show up when they are activated? Yes if you have the HD package, H20/H21 or HR20 receiver, the 5 LNB dish, and B-Band converters. Tune to channel 77 or 92 for more information.

If you have a Ka/Ku dish, an H20 or HR20 and have the BBC(s) connected and functioning properly, then there is nothing D* needs to do on their end other than turn on the new HD channels. D* CSRs are asking about the BBCs so they can make sure they are all connected before the turn-on date.

D* will have to send programming information to the receivers to remap channels which should be done seamlessly to the subscriber

I wonder how they are going to map the channels, I would imagine they will have to move the HD channels to a new location, outside of the 70-99 location or maybe do the .1 behind the SD channel, it should be interesting .... I would imagine D* will have something to say about it shortly before they light them up.

Jimbo

I would like locals to stay 2 - 99 (or what ever the highest local number is.

HD in the 100's

Keep all other numberings the same; except move all shopping and religion out of the current and into their own home number ranges along with all the PPV; AND do a better job reorganizing then to put like-minded offering in the same grouping.

Like all news with all other news, all variety together.

I would like locals to stay 2 - 99 (or what ever the highest local number is.

HD in the 100's

Keep all other numberings the same; except move all shopping and religion out of the current and into their own home number ranges along with all the PPV; AND do a better job reorganizing then to put like-minded offering in the same grouping.

Like all news with all other news, all variety together.

Some channels have contracts to have certain numbers, like CNN and ESPN. I think the hd channels that are mirrors of the sd ones will have the same numbers, like the hd rsn's, with the hd channel the default pick. It would be nice if the others were grouped together.

Damn, that sucks.

So say both ESPN and CNN have contracts to be in the 200's that totally screws the nice grouping concept.

Well then I guess the locals 2-99 and All HD in the 100's and move the PPVs is they only action for now?

What is the highest local number now? 69 until the digital cutoff, then 51 after??

Damn, that sucks.

So say both ESPN and CNN have contracts to be in the 200's that totally screws the nice grouping concept.

Well then I guess the locals 2-99 and All HD in the 100's and move the PPVs is they only action for now?

What is the highest local number now? 69 until the digital cutoff, then 51 after??

I know ESPN and CNN have thier agreements, but that doesn't mean the HD channel has to be there . They could still group the all HD channels together and put them somewhere. I have a feeling that when this does happen, there will be a whole other thread talking about how half are happy and the other think it's rediculus.

For the most part, I think they do a good job of grouping channels with the previously mentioned channels the exception.

I would not be suprised to see the HD channels placed in the 1000 range along with the PPV and eventually VOD. I do not think this is a great idea, but seeing the numbers now go into the 1000's .... I hope they don't move things around like DISH does, all over the spectrum, but it would not suprise me.

Jimbo

I wonder how they are going to map the channels, I would imagine they will have to move the HD channels to a new location, outside of the 70-99 location or maybe do the .1 behind the SD channel, it should be interesting .... I would imagine D* will have something to say about it shortly before they light them up.

Jimbo

I feel that D* will not move the new HD stations but have them along side the current channel just like the locals. Any new channels that are added that may not have a SD counter part would just be added in the mix where they see fit.

From my conversation with the retention dept. all HD will be on the same channel as SD channels. The HD receivers will be able to detect whether to broadcast in HD based upon your TV.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts