Does Dish 1000 work in S Florida?

OK Guys,
I tried a Dish 1000 in Orlando, Fl and I got 75 signal strength on sat 129. It's work!!!
If I use a Dish 300 on the sat 61.5, my signal will be 112. So I decided to use sat 61.5 because it will rain fade less than the sat 129.
So go for it!

I know that Winegard sells a 24" and larger dishes that have the D-Tube type arm that E* uses on there dishes that work with their lnbs. You can use a Dish 500 and just order the I - adapter that fits on the Dish 500's arm for use of a DP Single/Dual LNB. Several people have stated that they have gotten a better signal with this setup compared to a 18' Dish 300 or a Dish 500 with a regular Y polar plate thats meant to be used with a Twin/Quad. Using the I adapter puts the lnb in the optimum location for single sat use.

If you use a DP Twin to hit 129, it's best if you cover the 110 LNB eye with foil, and use only the port on the 119 side both for aiming and to feed your switch.

I used a seperate Dish 500 for 61.5. The installer knew his stuff. I had 2 other installers here who said the dish would not work in this spot. This guy comes here looks up and says "we'll put it here". In less than 1 hour he's finished. Unbelievable. Thanks for all the responses. Happy New Year!

Dolfan said:
I used a seperate Dish 500 for 61.5. The installer knew his stuff. I had 2 other installers here who said the dish would not work in this spot. This guy comes here looks up and says "we'll put it here". In less than 1 hour he's finished. Unbelievable. Thanks for all the responses. Happy New Year!

Dolfan:

But what about 129? 61.5 is no problem, but 129 can be here in South Florida.

Dolfan said:
I did not even try for 129 when the installer said 61.5 was no problem to get it was music to my ears.

I got 61.5 also on my new install. But I'm concerned about when they start broadcasting MPEG4. It's really not clear if they will be carrying MPEG4 on 61.5. I guess, in time, we'll find out.

Ron Tobin said:
I got 61.5 also on my new install. But I'm concerned about when they start broadcasting MPEG4. It's really not clear if they will be carrying MPEG4 on 61.5. I guess, in time, we'll find out.
It's seems pretty obvious to those of us that pay attention to these things that 61.5 is the east coast HD bird, and 129 is for the rest of the country.

Simple geometry pretty much guarantees that.

Ron Tobin said:

I was reading over on the uplink thread on DBStalk.com and they are saying there is future Voom programming in Mpeg4 on 61.5 right now. It may be discussed on this site as well.

Thanks SimpleSimon. I think we are all just antsy for mpeg4 and where it is going to be broadcast first. I hope they fire up ESPN2 quickly!

Ron Tobin said:
Hey Ron,
Looks like we hit it right getting 61.5. It looks like that is exactly where the mpeg4 will be!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)