ViP 211 avail for lease

SatinKzo

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 22, 2004
Louisiana
Talked to Dish on leasing a receiver to see what they had. Two things shocked me:

1. They offerred me a 942 for $250 without even asking for special priv. or even arguing .

2. They offerred me a ViP 211 for $100 upfront. Shipping between Christmas and New Years

I asked about the 411 and they said it was only available through retailers.

I didn't take them up on any offers as I want a HD DVR, but not the 942 until I know what is going on with it.

But my questions become, is the 942 out for general lease?

What is the retail price on the 211? I have not seen it anywhere yet.

Edit: Why the heck is my post being doublespaced?

SatinKzo said:
Talked to Dish on leasing a receiver to see what they had. Two things shocked me:

1. They offerred me a 942 for $250 without even asking for special priv. or even arguing .

2. They offerred me a ViP 211 for $100 upfront. Shipping between Christmas and New Years

I asked about the 411 and they said it was only available through retailers.

I didn't take them up on any offers as I want a HD DVR, but not the 942 until I know what is going on with it.

But my questions become, is the 942 out for general lease?

What is the retail price on the 211? I have not seen it anywhere yet.

Edit: Why the heck is my post being doublespaced?

You can buy the 211 for about $369. Retail is $399.

That's what I thought, so it surprised me that they were offering in on lease (granted not to ship until after Christmas).

Oh yeah, one other thing. The 942 or 211 lease carried a 1 year commitment.

SatinKzo said:
That's what I thought, so it surprised me that they were offering in on lease (granted not to ship until after Christmas).
Oh yeah, one other thing. The 942 or 211 lease carried a 1 year commitment.
I just placed my order for a vip211 to replace my owned 6000. Because I took the "self-install option" and am replacing an existing owned receiver, they only charged me $50 now and will refund $25 once they get my 6000 I decided to trade in. Net cost for the new leased vip211 comes to only $25 plus a penny more each month than keeping my 6000 connected!!!!!!!!

rdinkel said:
I just placed my order for a vip211 to replace my owned 6000. Because I took the "self-install option" and am replacing an existing owned receiver, they only charged me $50 now and will refund $25 once they get my 6000 I decided to trade in. Net cost for the new leased vip211 comes to only $25 plus a penny more each month than keeping my 6000 connected!!!!!!!!

Is there a commitment on getting the vip211 with the "self install option?" If so, how long? Thanks!

Hey Bob - remember I want to see that box as soon as you get it. :)

And remember, when I arrive, I come equipped with anything you might need in the way of cabling supplies. ;)

Good old CSR roulette. They said there was no self install options on the receivers. Let us know how the 211 is! That's a pretty decent deal to replace a 6000 IMO.

SatinKzo said:
Good old CSR roulette. They said there was no self install options on the receivers. Let us know how the 211 is! That's a pretty decent deal to replace a 6000 IMO.
The way I worked the self-install was laughing when they said they would send someone out to do the install. I reminded them that I presently own all my equipment and have always done my installations and upgrades through the years, including a Dish1000, new DPP44, a new separate dish for 61.5, and a new 625 receiver using a separator--all within the past month. She then mentioned that there is a self-install option at $50 less.
I think Dish is trying to avoid folks screwing things up technically. But once they realize that you know what you are doing, then they cave in.

I just called E and got a very nice csrwho said I was considered a new customer because i left 8 months ago. I will be getting a 942 plus either a 811 or she said possibly a 211 or 411 for install on Jan 2nd. I am not beung charged for a second dish to get 61.5 for voom because she said I am a new customer but would have been charged if i was upgrading also receiving $12 credit for 3 months and 1st month free. Glad to be back to E cable sucks! I asaked her about lease for 211 if I got one and she said no fee for new cust.

rdinkel said:
The way I worked the self-install was laughing when they said they would send someone out to do the install. I reminded them that I presently own all my equipment and have always done my installations and upgrades through the years, including a Dish1000, new DPP44, a new separate dish for 61.5, and a new 625 receiver using a separator--all within the past month. She then mentioned that there is a self-install option at $50 less.
I think Dish is trying to avoid folks screwing things up technically. But once they realize that you know what you are doing, then they cave in.

Yeah, I said the same to the CSR I got, but they insisted that for the deal there was no self install. Being that I didn't want the receiver, I wasn't going to push the issue or take the time to call back.

I just tried to do the same thing and the reply Dish gave me was " I can't guarantee a VIP211, the unit can be a 811 or a 411 or a vip211". As I am only interested in a vip211 I had to say "No thanks".

welshboy said:
I just tried to do the same thing and the reply Dish gave me was " I can't guarantee a VIP211, the unit can be a 811 or a 411 or a vip211". As I am only interested in a vip211 I had to say "No thanks".
Okay, because of what you were told, I just called Dish again to confirm I would be in fact be receiving the vip211. Initial answer was that it could be an 811 or vip211. After my explosion and talking to the supervisor, here is the deal. The various warehouses around the country have the vip211s in stock, but they have been told to ship all the 811s out before any vip211s. So my option became to cancel my order now or just wait and see what I get. I decided to take my chances. But if the warehouse sends the wrong one, Dish will take it back at that point--and then wait a couple more weeks and try again. Crazy system! But I have the supervisor's name and direct extension. He also is making a record on my account. Thanks for your heads up!

rdinkel said:
Okay, because of what you were told, I just called Dish again to confirm I would be in fact be receiving the vip211. Initial answer was that it could be an 811 or vip211. After my explosion and talking to the supervisor, here is the deal. The various warehouses around the country have the vip211s in stock, but they have been told to ship all the 811s out before any vip211s. So my option became to cancel my order now or just wait and see what I get. I decided to take my chances. But if the warehouse sends the wrong one, Dish will take it back at that point--and then wait a couple more weeks and try again. Crazy system! But I have the supervisor's name and direct extension. He also is making a record on my account. Thanks for your heads up!

I just got an upgrade too, and was told the same thing, I am taking my chances, it will either be a 811, 411, or a 211, I then asked why would I upgrade a 811 with an 811? she said that more then likely they wont send me one, but give me a 411 or a 211 (which I am fine as long as I get mpeg4 when they decide to do it) so we shall see!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)