Does Dish associate a particular LNB with your account?

Nealio

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 27, 2005
KY
Hello folks. I currently have Dish but am switching over to Direct tomorrow (couldn't pass up the deals they were offering). When I cancel Dish I'll have to send back the LNB, correct? I currently have a Dish Pro LNB pointed at 110 and 119. My brother gave me a Dish Pro Plus LNB the other day. I was hoping to not have to mess with the Dish Pro LNB that is currently installed (it had to be rigged by the installer to the mount pretty crazy for whatever reason, and it is a big pain to get it off)... so I was hoping to send Dish back the Dish Pro Plus LNB I got from my brother and then just sell the rest as an already put together set. Would this work, or does Dish associate certain numbers and whatnot with the LNBs and accounts?

Thanks for the replies. When they request it, I'll just go ahead and send them the Plus one and hope to not hear back from them. :)

Some have reported that they state they are unable to climb on the roof to get it and Dish is welcome to come get it. Don't recall ever hearing where Dish actually sent anyone or pursued it.

If Dish Network gave you leased receivers but not the dish, will they still want the lnb back that is on the dish?

Some have reported that they state they are unable to climb on the roof to get it and Dish is welcome to come get it. Don't recall ever hearing where Dish actually sent anyone or pursued it.

I actually saw a 1000.4 attached to the side of a house without an LNB on it, guess either the sub figured they had to climb up and get it or dish sent a tech for it....first time I have seen a dish from either sat provider without an LNB

Ross

They'd have to be careful. Think of the liability if some poor guy fell off his roof trying to retrieve "Dish property."

I assume they still want the LNB even if you went through an authorized retailer and got the equipment through them?

If you say its on the roof and you can't reach it, they will say never mind and that will be the end of it. They definitely don't want you falling trying to get it and it would cost them more to send a tech out to get it than it is worth.

Brad