Does dish care about the current customer base??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tomcrown1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2008
San Francisco
Well it looks like Direct TV cares for it's customer and is offering thank you gifts
DIRECTV Loyalty Program

Does dish care?? or is Charlie to cheap??

Charlie get on the ball and offer us current dish folks a free gift like a slingbox maybe???

Sent my receivers back to DirecTV today :) Their bogus upgrade offers and HD pricing switched me to E*. That "loyalty" page doesn't do much for me.

Sure took a while for the boxes to show up by FedEx. Suspect they wanted to charge me for a little while, collect interest, and then refund me.

Jerks.

Sent my receivers back to DirecTV today :) Their bogus upgrade offers and HD pricing switched me to E*. That "loyalty" page doesn't do much for me.

Sure took a while for the boxes to show up by FedEx. Suspect they wanted to charge me for a little while, collect interest, and then refund me.

Jerks.
YEP! Same here! When I called up and and told them I was calling my local news station about them not sending my return kits they moved fast then . Next day I had my boxes. D* can take their loyalty program ,and RAM IT RIGHT UP THEIR $%S.

I also get frustrated at times when things don't go right, but in all honesty Dish has always made things right for me when I have had technical issues, at no cost to me. I do not think that I have ever paid for an upgrade, etc. BTW, I do think that they care, I recently took part in a customer satisfaction survey about what new services they should introduced, what programming they should be looking at, and what type of loyalty rewards would I be interested in

Dish has been great to me as well. I have 2 HD/DVRs (612 622) and it cost me all of $49.99. They have a great HD lineup, Better then D* IMO, More desired networks. D* May have more RSN's and Sports pack in HD, as well as PPV. But your paying for it as well!

There is a post in the DirecTv Forum about this. It doesn't seem like they are giving much to people if anything. From what I saw a lot of long time customers weren't getting anything. Others were getting Showtime free for 3 months. Big deal

YEP! Same here! When I called up and and told them I was calling my local news station about them not sending my return kits they moved fast then . Next day I had my boxes. D* can take their loyalty program ,and RAM IT RIGHT UP THEIR $%S.

hmmm. temper,temper :D

Well it looks like Direct TV cares for it's customer and is offering thank you gifts
DIRECTV Loyalty Program

Does dish care?? or is Charlie to cheap??

Charlie get on the ball and offer us current dish folks a free gift like a slingbox maybe???

Actually, if Charlie cares about his churn rate; the best loyalty rewards program he could have is, for once and for all improve customer service with only english speaking north american customer service reps and actually listen to his customer base about their wants in programing; rather forcing his program choices down our throat.

Actually, if Charlie cares about his churn rate; the best loyalty rewards program he could have is, for once and for all improve customer service with only english speaking north american customer service reps and actually listen to his customer base about their wants in programing; rather forcing his program choices down our throat.

Ditto the Customer Service statement. The one thing I can say about Dish is the fact that my bill has stayed the same every month and accurately reflects the package I purchased. Yes, there are nickel and dime charges, but I knew about them upfront.

I compare them to say, my cell phone bill (Sprint) where I purchased a plan however, ever if I stay within the confines of the plan, my bill is still 12% higher (seems to go higher every month) with the BS passthrough charges that Sprint tries to reclaim. So, my $69.99 cell phone plan I signed up for now costs me $90.00 or so a month after they tack all those fees which they are not required to charge, but choose to (aren't I paying for your infrastructure costs as part of my contracted price with you? If not, what am I paying for? )It befuddles me how legally they can even do this as it would seem to be an addendum to the original contract to which I would have to consent, but alas....

-or-

Charter Communications whose bill jumped from $70/mo to $120/month because the "bundle expired." All I wanted was to sign a deal where I knew I would pay an amount (which I am firmly aware of) every month continuously, that is all I ask and that is the one thing Dish provides which make me happy. I know ahead of time what the bill will be, no guessing and no surprise tack on fees.

If they continue to do that, and make good on Charlie's promise to bring Customer Service back to the US (how is that going btw Charlie? You have not said a word I have heard about it since you originally made the promise over what, a year ago? Get to it!!! You know what the problem is, FIX IT, and you can stem the churn)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)