Does Dish have a 14/30 day return policy?

shantyman

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 16, 2007
Fairfield, OH
I had Dish set up last week and have some usability issues with the 722- I simply do not like it at all and find it needlessly complicated. I don't want to make a jerk reaction but I am considering dumping it and want to know what my options are. Does anyone know what Dish's return policy is, if any?

I searched high and low on the paper contract I signed and their website but could find nothing. Complicating things is I signed up for the 18 month contract- I don't mind paying the install fee (obviously) but I would rather not be stuck with the early termination fee after having it for less than a week.

Thanks.

I don't mind if people want to extoll the virtues of Dish to me (I am not 100% certain in this decision) but please do not flame me for my opinion.:)

I believe you have 3 days to cancel.

What kind of issues are you having with the 722 or your service for that matter? There's lots of folks in here that would be glad to help you out.

Welcome to Satelliteguys!

3 Day cancellation, DISH did once have a promotion with 30 day cancellation but that ended over a year ago and people still think they have 30 days to void the contract they signed. Suggestion has already been posted that you seek help with your problems. The alternative is pay the 18 month cancellation fee that you agreed to.

Wow, only 3 days? That's surprising. Thanks for the information.

It is not a problem per se with the 722- I just don't like using it (and neither does my wife). However, it looks like I am in it for the long haul. I can get used to it, but it'll take some time.

I might as well ask about another concern of mine (which is my primary one aside from my usability concerns with the 722):

I pay for local Cincinnati channels, and need to get local HD OTA. However, the only OTA digital channels I get are Dayton Ohio. Will I still be able to get program guide info? After 24 hours it still said "digital service".

You may come to appreciate the 'needlessly complicated'-ness of the 722. it allows you to tailor things to you and your wife's own personal situation. I admit that i have probably spent a couple of hours setting mine up, but that was because i really wanted it set up in a very specific way. My Time Warner boxes couldnt do near the amount of things that my 622 (nearly identical to your 722) can do - and the TW boxes were noisey as heck.

It took a couple of days, maybe a week or so to untrain my brain of the TW way of operating (which had me feeling kinda lost), but that really does pass.

good luck with your decision.

I'm too cheap to dump it now, so I'll live with it. I just need to learn it and move on. :) It seems scary to move to something you may not like and know you have to live with it for a while though.

If you have any power tips, I'd appreciate them.

Wow, only 3 days? That's surprising. Thanks for the information.

It is not a problem per se with the 722- I just don't like using it (and neither does my wife). However, it looks like I am in it for the long haul. I can get used to it, but it'll take some time.

I might as well ask about another concern of mine (which is my primary one aside from my usability concerns with the 722):

I pay for local Cincinnati channels, and need to get local HD OTA. However, the only OTA digital channels I get are Dayton Ohio. Will I still be able to get program guide info? After 24 hours it still said "digital service".

Right now several of us that pull in Dayton HD locals via OTA are having "digital service" show up on the guide for WRGT (channel 45). We have made Dish's tech support aware of this problem and hopefully it will be resolved quickly.

I am able to pull in the Cincy channels via OTA eventhough i get the Daytons over the satellite, and I do receive guide info from them. I just had Dish installed last week (cancelled TWC) and so far I love the box and the service as opposed to my old SA8300HD. It will just take you time to get used to. If you enjoy the content, you'll eventually get used to the hardware.

Right now several of us that pull in Dayton HD locals via OTA are having "digital service" show up on the guide for WRGT (channel 45). We have made Dish's tech support aware of this problem and hopefully it will be resolved quickly.

Thanks for the info. With "real" fall show starting soon I agree hopefully it will be soon.

Its 3 days!

The problem with the 30 day satisfaction guarantee is that too many customers where using it to their advantage to get stuff that was beyond the scope of the promotion.

When you got $1000 worth of equipment sitting in someones home, many times we would give in to the customers demands just so we are not picking up equipment and stuck with used receivers, Dishes and remotes.

The biggest issue is that when Dish and Directv where doing this, the cable companies made all their former customers aware of this fact when they tried to win them back.

I have lost too many customers over silly issues because of the 30 day guarantee. Atleast with 3 days we its either Dish network or the retailer who decides if the customer pays a cancellation fee, not the customer on their own terms.

I hate to say it this way, but this is how things are from a retailer point of view.

Claude, I understand that. I actually have cause to get out of my 18 month contract- not only did I sign up for DVR advantage, I also used a ClubDish certificate form a friend. I called this morning and they said they had no record of that despite me punching in the code when I signed up online. To Dish's credit they are removing the contract AND crediting me an additional 49.99.

Even without the contract, I am going to stick with Dish for a while. I son't want to make a knee jerk reaction. My only major concern at this point is getting the guide info for the Dayton channels as mentioned earlier in this thread.

how long do you have to cancel if you haven't gotten you're equipment yet but would like to cancel. Is it three days from the initial phone call or 3 days from having equipment installed?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)