Does dish have to be grounded?

My dish wasnt grounded at my last place. Everytime I'd grab the saucer part, I could feel a small current buzzing in my arm.

Cheers, K

This is nothing more than one of those customers that thinks he knows the installers job better than the installer. Then he wants things done a certain way, but does not have the never to say something to the insaller. SO he goes behind the guys back and complains.

I back feed my Joey on Channel 4 to four other TVs just like you used to do with the DIsh 722. I use an RF modulator.
I also back feed my 2nd Hopper on Channel 28 and merger the Two channels using a VHF UHF combiner.
When it is NOT grounded I get interference on the channels.
When it is grounded it is perfect.
Grounding can be a good thing. "Ask for it by name" Worse they will say is no.

This is nothing more than one of those customers that thinks he knows the installers job better than the installer. Then he wants things done a certain way, but does not have the never to say something to the insaller. SO he goes behind the guys back and complains.

Not so. I did have the nerve, I even told the crapstaller that grounding the dish is required per NEC. I do everything by the book.

Another by the book idiot who doesn't even understand what the book is about. NFPA is concerned about protecting life and property. With the coax grounded, neither is in danger.

My input to the discussion would be if the dish coax is grounded at a location different from the service ground, then the two ground rods must be bonded together. The impedance of the earth is too high to generate the current flow to trip a breaker if a live circuit comes in contact with the dish (safety) and increases the chance of ground-loop hum (audio/video fidelity).

coinmaster32 said:
Not so. I did have the nerve, I even told the crapstaller that grounding the dish is required per NEC. I do everything by the book.

Congrats on doing everything by the book. You would never be profitable in this business if you did every single thing by the book.

Congrats on doing everything by the book. You would never be profitable in this business if you did every single thing by the book.

Dish Network knows this rule. That's why they keep allowing dishes to be installed on apartment balconies with no grounding. Can you imagine if they followed the NEC and canceled service to millions of ungrounded customers in apartments. REVENUE TRUMPS SAFETY!!! If Dish doesn't follow the rules, how can someone expect their workers to follow them?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts