Does Dish Need to Know Which Type of Dish I am using?

hobie16

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 29, 2008
USA (Full time RV'er
I moved my service location from Rochester, NY (EA) to Corpus Christi, TX (WA). The CC locals are off 129 tp 13. In order to receive them I changed my LNB on a 1000.4 from EA to WA. The signal in locked, I have 110, 119,129. I have contacted Dish twice today to turn on my new locals, both times they claim to have changed my service address but the locals have not shown up yet ( several hours).

Do I need to change my account in some way to allow for the LNB change?

tx

Update; I just checked my profile on the Dish site, they show the new service address but I still don't have the locals. 129 TP 13 is 48-50 signal strength.

Yes I did a Check switch, It shows ports 1,2,3: 119,110,129.
all OK, WA.4 reception verified. DPP WA.4 w/Separator

I have also pulled the plug to force a reset and program guide download. Still no change. guide still shows only the locals from my previous location.

Next best option (which is still a crap shoot) is to do an online chat.

Not exactly just what's listed on your account, As I have a 1000+ and wanted to get EuroNews on the 118 satellite, Dish wouldn't let me subscribe to it because they said
I had a 1000.2 dish listed on my account, which doesn't get 118, I told them it was a 1000+ not a 1000.2 they changed it and got me the channel which I can't subscribe
to anymore because of another reason, just as well anyhow.

That sort of leads back to my original question. When I first got my setup from Dish I was eastern arc on a EA.2, 2 LNB dish that is still installed at my base location. I am now in my RV and am using a 1000.4 system. I had a EA LNB on the dish and had no problems, however at that time my locals didn't need to be changed as they are CONUS on 61.5. With the new sat coming on line this week I assume that the locals will go to spot beam and therefore I purchased a WA LNB to enable locals here in Corpus Christi.
So does Dish need to know that I am now on a 1000.4WA? I wouldn't think it mattered, since there in no way to put the CC locals on EA.

Just ended my 3rd chat session and got nowhere!! The CSR filled in a webform request and said "we will get back to you".
They tried sending a new authorization signal and had me do a reboot., nothing changed. Now where do I go??

Thinking about it, I remember a post somewhere of the same problem, it took a DIRT member to remove something from the account to get the locals to come it. The account may well have been designated for EA only.

I ask the CSR if my account was keyed to the dish antenna at original install, claimed there is not an issue with that. very tired of this crap!!

I ask the CSR if my account was keyed to the dish antenna at original install, claimed there is not an issue with that. very tired of this crap!!

I know it has been mentioned already but a DIRT member should be able to help you. None of them are on line at the moment but should be a little later this afternoon. It would be best to PM one of them when they are on line. You can find them, listed in Red at the bottom of the main Forum page... http://www.satelliteguys.us/forum.php

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!

After the 3rd chat I called the Dish and asked for advanced tech support; a very friendly and knowledgeable rep took my call, reviewed my account and noted that none of the previous CSR's had deleted my previous locals before trying to enable my current location locals. Note: 3 CSR's got it wrong to start with. Advanced tech solved my problem in 30 seconds!!

Glad to get to see the NFL games today!!

Thanks for all the help guys

Yea glad they fixed it.I only wish it didn't take 4 to 5 calls to resolve an issue.

Yea glad they fixed it.I only wish it didn't take 4 to 5 calls to resolve an issue.

That's the unexpected result of antagonizing and/or 'separating' experienced, higher paid CSR's/workers for lower cost, inexperienced 'pliable' newbies. Three calls of wasted CSR and customer time, and the negative impression from the customer on how Dish runs the company. You either pay up front for quality, or you pay on the back end. Sad but true.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts