Hopper Upgrade - 2 problems

satinsticksguy

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 9, 2006
I upgraded from a VIP 722 to 1 Hopper and 1 Joey a week ago yesterday. I'm having 2 small problems I'm seeking advice on. The first problem is Caller ID. I've read here that some are having intermittent problems with getting Caller ID, but it can be restored with a reset. However, I've not been able to get Caller ID at all. I've tried resets, but I can't get anything. The phone line passes the connection test and Caller ID is enabled. I chatted online with Dish tech support, and they sent an installer to check. However, last night the installer called support, and they said that the problem will be corrected with the next software update in a couple of weeks. Does this sound correct?

My second problem is with my external HD's. I have 3 attached through a non-powered hub. I've read that they get lost at times, and can be restored by unplugging and plugging. I'm able to do this and get all 3 to show up in the External Hard Drive transfer menu. However, I have not been able to get more than 2 to show up in DVR menu. Are there any suggestions for this problem?

TIA for your help.

However, last night the installer called support, and they said that the problem will be corrected with the next software update in a couple of weeks. Does this sound correct?
We rarely hear about what comes in future updates. I'd be skeptical of any sort of firmware resolution to your caller id issues. That's usually the standard answer to keep you happy and get you off the phone.

I thought the caller ID dropping issue has been resolved with one of the last sw updates. If the CSR told you that its still being worked on, I would believe it. I know that caller ID was getting attention so I would bet they are still working on it.

I had the same problem with my new
Hopper install on Friday. Rebooting the receiver fixed it. Hope this helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)