Does Dish offer receiver repair/exchange w/o a commitment?

jtiner

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 26, 2010
Maine
I'm wondering if anyone knows whether Dish offers a repair and/or exchange service for receivers for a flat rate or one time fee. The receiver is a 722k that I purchased (not leased). I'm not participating in any new subscriber offers (I'm an old timer; 15 years w/Dish) or the equipment protection plan.
I'm reasonably certain that my intermittent signal loss and receiver reported "LNB drift" is a receiver problem (http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-te...84-increasingly-frequent-signal-loss-w-o.html), so I'm looking into replacement options. If anybody has had any experience with flat fee advanced replacement from Dish, I'd be interested in hearing about it.
I'm really disappointed that the receiver has failed since it's only been in service 18 months.

I will caution that link does not actually say replacing the receiver fixed the problem. As always you should be contacting a DIRT member here. They can tell you better than myself, but it might be worth it to get the protection plan first, then have a tech come out. You only have to keep the plan for six months I believe. The DIRT member can tell you about what to expect for cost if you need another receiver.

I'm wondering if anyone knows whether Dish offers a repair and/or exchange service for receivers for a flat rate or one time fee. The receiver is a 722k that I purchased (not leased). I'm not participating in any new subscriber offers (I'm an old timer; 15 years w/Dish) or the equipment protection plan.
I'm reasonably certain that my intermittent signal loss and receiver reported "LNB drift" is a receiver problem (http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-te...84-increasingly-frequent-signal-loss-w-o.html), so I'm looking into replacement options. If anybody has had any experience with flat fee advanced replacement from Dish, I'd be interested in hearing about it.
I'm really disappointed that the receiver has failed since it's only been in service 18 months.

Since you are having these issues I would recommend a tech coming out to look at your system. Please DM your account or phone number and I can look into this.

Well on one of my accounts I did an upgrade recently, last Nov., not going to cancel DHPP until exactly 5 months (the 22nd,) not going to risk it :) .

It's 120 days now (4 months). If cancelled before 120 days there is a $25 charge to remove it. After 120 days, it is free to remove

https://my.dish.com/customercare/myprogramming/showMyProgramming.do Under A La Carte says 5 months still. Thanks for the heads up, just removed my DHPP :p . First it was 6 months, then 5, now 4, I'm not complaining though, much better than the other direction :D . At least Dish isn't like the Telcos that make it nearly impossible to remove "inside wire maintenance."

tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

:rolleyes: :p

Last edited:
Very wiley of Dish. The early termination fee for cancelling the protection plan is $1 more than the cost of 4 months of service, so it's a break even thing to just leave it there and Dish is counting on several of us to forget to terminate it after 4 months - very clever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts