Does Dish really charge $300 cancellation fee?

mitchflorida

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 12, 2004
I was offered a $10 credit for 12 months, in exchange for a 24 month commitment. The early cancellation fee is $300 minus $12.50 for every month you stay with them.

Thus if you bail out after 12 months, they will supposedly bill you an extra $150. Is this just a threat, or do they really bill your credit card? I am not sure if this is enforceable, in other words.

Has anyone really been billed for stopping service early??

give it a shot, I dare ya!
Yes they do charge you. But I'm pretty sure it's $240- however many months left.
I don't plan on stopping my service early. I actually like my Dish so I'm not going anywhere...

That's right

They bumped it up to 300/12.50 per month.

Now you know why I will never sign up for a commitment with Dish:). I have only had one commitment for 2 yrs when I got the 622. That ran out last April and I won't do it again. I will probably buy a 722 at some point here and send there "non working HDMI" 622 back to them:D.
Gerry

Now you know why I will never sign up for a commitment with Dish:). I have only had one commitment for 2 yrs when I got the 622. That ran out last April and I won't do it again. I will probably buy a 722 at some point here and send there "non working HDMI" 622 back to them:D.
Gerry

There isn't a commitment for exchanging receivers. It's either free or you pay shipping.

I was offered a $10 credit for 12 months, in exchange for a 24 month commitment. The early cancellation fee is $300 minus $12.50 for every month you stay with them.

Thus if you bail out after 12 months, they will supposedly bill you an extra $150. Is this just a threat, or do they really bill your credit card? I am not sure if this is enforceable, in other words.

Has anyone really been billed for stopping service early??

Of course they charge you if you bail on the commitment early.
You signed a legal contract, it is enforceable

Of course they charge you if you bail on the commitment early.
You signed a legal contract, it is enforceable

That's my point. I haven't signed anything. It was a verbal offer over the telephone. No signed contract extension. To me, that is a major loophole .

That's my point. I haven't signed anything. It was a verbal offer over the telephone. No signed contract extension. To me, that is a major loophole .

You do realize that you were recorded during that interview don't you. That's as binding as a signature.....

You do realize that you were recorded during that interview don't you. That's as binding as a signature.....

we dont record every convo. when we do upgrades you have to sign a paper contract to put your verbal one into act. same with new connects.

and the cancellation fee is 300 at 12.5 a month with a 5 month credit for new connects (drops the fee down to about 240) so if you were on month 11 of 24 it would be like you were on month 16.

there is a major loop hole. if a tech forgets to have you sign a contract then there is no paper trail. as im sure dish has learned if theres not a paper tail then it doesn't exist

we dont record every convo. when we do upgrades you have to sign a paper contract to put your verbal one into act. same with new connects.

and the cancellation fee is 300 at 12.5 a month with a 5 month credit for new connects (drops the fee down to about 240) so if you were on month 11 of 24 it would be like you were on month 16.

there is a major loop hole. if a tech forgets to have you sign a contract then there is no paper trail. as im sure dish has learned if theres not a paper tail then it doesn't exist

And that is why CSRs (*cough FSS2*) don't get to make decisions... Dish N It Up requires three confirmations. The first when talking to the CSR they read the disclosures, the second is the system confirmation everyone gets put through and the third is a signature of work completion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)