Does dish still have the $1.99/month warranty?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

miguelaqui

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 14, 2004
I was just wondering if Dish got rid of the $1.99/month warranty when they added that $5.99/month one.

Thanks

miguelaqui said:
I was just wondering if Dish got rid of the $1.99/month warranty when they added that $5.99/month one.

Thanks
Did you really think that DISH would continue a bargin when they can get 3 times the money for less service? :)

boba said:
Did you really think that DISH would continue a bargin when they can get 3 times the money for less service? :)
No, that's why I thought I'd ask. When I was in the sat. business, there was a $1.99/month, BXW, and a $4.99/month PXW. It seems they both have been replaced with the $5.99/month one.

I read in a few posts a little while back where those paying the $1.99 would end up paying $5.99 eventually not long from now.

I am still getting mine for $1.99. If they decide to charge me $5.99 then I will drop it. You can add it just when you need it anyway and then drop it again.

In the 5 years I've been a subscriber, I've had 2 dishplayers, a 721, and now a 921 fail and need to be replaced. Given E*'s lousy reliability history, anyone who has a PVR is NUTS if they don't get this warranty (assuming you aren't a lease customer, in which case "their" machines broke, and they need to send you new ones). I'm happy I got my warranty when they were $1.99. I'll grumble when I get the 200% increase, but my 921 alone paid for 8 years of warranty at the higher price. Since I have 4 PVRs active it is a no brainer....

What the F*&^ ?????? The ads must be starting..... The word PVR in my post turns into a link pointing you to a sponsored link by Intel. It starts......

AUGGH!!!! Ads by Google. DirecTV Canada. Hughes HD TiVo. Dish Network (swats at gnats). They're all over me now!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)