Does dish still have the $1.99/month warranty?

miguelaqui

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 14, 2004
I was just wondering if Dish got rid of the $1.99/month warranty when they added that $5.99/month one.

Thanks

miguelaqui said:
I was just wondering if Dish got rid of the $1.99/month warranty when they added that $5.99/month one.

Thanks
Did you really think that DISH would continue a bargin when they can get 3 times the money for less service? :)

boba said:
Did you really think that DISH would continue a bargin when they can get 3 times the money for less service? :)
No, that's why I thought I'd ask. When I was in the sat. business, there was a $1.99/month, BXW, and a $4.99/month PXW. It seems they both have been replaced with the $5.99/month one.

I read in a few posts a little while back where those paying the $1.99 would end up paying $5.99 eventually not long from now.

I am still getting mine for $1.99. If they decide to charge me $5.99 then I will drop it. You can add it just when you need it anyway and then drop it again.

In the 5 years I've been a subscriber, I've had 2 dishplayers, a 721, and now a 921 fail and need to be replaced. Given E*'s lousy reliability history, anyone who has a PVR is NUTS if they don't get this warranty (assuming you aren't a lease customer, in which case "their" machines broke, and they need to send you new ones). I'm happy I got my warranty when they were $1.99. I'll grumble when I get the 200% increase, but my 921 alone paid for 8 years of warranty at the higher price. Since I have 4 PVRs active it is a no brainer....

What the F*&^ ?????? The ads must be starting..... The word PVR in my post turns into a link pointing you to a sponsored link by Intel. It starts......

AUGGH!!!! Ads by Google. DirecTV Canada. Hughes HD TiVo. Dish Network (swats at gnats). They're all over me now!