Does Dish still limit householdsthat lease thier equipment to one 622?

I think u can have 2, I know several others have mention here that they have 2 and I believe that they are leased. Just call Dish and see!

I have seen posts where they have made exceptions.

19" - why bother with HD at that size?

I am sure Dish only allowes 1 622 per lease contract. The second must be purchased.

You're certain huh? Then please explain how I have 2 622's sitting in front of me and a 322 upstairs. All on lease! I got one by adding it and the other by trading in my leased 942.

I have 2 leased. I read elsewhere that the correct # is 4 leased units.

It could change this year, but as of right now, WileyKyle is correct in stating that Dish has an official policy of no more than 4 leased tuners. Some have leased a 2 tuner for a year, then after that year have traded-up their other box for another 2 tuner. I seem to remember there are some on this board who have purchased their 2nd 622 unit because of Dish policies. Others are big fish and have appealed to the Executive Offices (ceo@echostar.com) for an exception. Each situation is different.

Also, there are several people who were in the unique position of having the old MPEG 2 HD boxes, and due to Dish making good on exchanging those for the new MPEG 4, there are some people out there who were allowed a "lease-type" deal exceeding the official 4 tuners.

Last edited:
You're certain huh? Then please explain how I have 2 622's sitting in front of me and a 322 upstairs. All on lease! I got one by adding it and the other by trading in my leased 942.

Hello, I hope you don't beat me up for adding my 2 cents, but I thought I would add something from my own experience as a sub with many boxes :) : you may be correct, but check your bill, if you haven't lately, because Dish will, without directly telling you--as you add boxes--pick and chose which of your boxes it will consider lease or owned sometimes for their own good and fair reasons, sometimes only because it suits them. The only evidence a sub has as to which boxes are leased is the monthly bill. I have dealt with Dish on this via phone, etc. after I noticed a change on the status of certain boxes on my bill. It turned out to be logical, but not what I expected.

The Lease 622 require a visit from a friendly neighborhood installer. I was nearly done with an order for leased 622 and 211 when I was told by Dish they have to send an installer or I couldn't get them. This is the reason why I haven't added one to my account and why I haven't upgraded to the HD pack. I WANT to spend more money with Dish, but I feel like Jack Nicholson at a restaurant trying to order white toast.

See ya
Tony

:clap :neener :bow I would really like 5 tuners. Any chance CSR roulette might help?

Unfortunately, this is not something a CSR roulette can remedy. The CSR's computer may not allow it. You would have to get the approval of a supervisor or someone in the Executive Office to waive that Dish 4 tuner lease limit policy. Of course, subs are welcome to purchase what they like and add it to the system for additional tuners within the official 6 box per account limit. And, yes, your 5 tuner remark is funny:D

Unfortunately, this is not something a CSR roulette can remedy. The CSR's computer may not allow it. You would have to get the approval of a supervisor or someone in the Executive Office to waive that Dish 4 tuner lease limit policy. Of course, subs are welcome to purchase what they like and add it to the system for additional tuners within the official 6 box per account limit. And, yes, your 5 tuner remark is funny:D

Very true. I just got two 622 receivers installed yesterday. They would not ship... they had to be installed. I got an enception through the ceo email address to get the receivers. A csr could not do it... their computer would not allow it. When the installer called to activate the receivers it took a long time because they had to do it all manually. They are only allowed to activate one 622 at a time in their computers.
On the same topic... sort of. There was also a 211/411 on the work order by mistake and he had to call and get them to remove it because I didnt order it. That apparently means I could have done 5 tuners in that one deal.

When will I be able to exchange my 921 (obviously owned) for a 622, hopefully owned?

I did not do the exchange last year because I did not want a leased 622 in exchange for an owned 921 and cash, and still don't. There was talk early last year that they would have to upgrade the fleet to MPEG-4, true?
-Ken

BTW I have a 622, a 921, and a DHP 501. They seem so willing to help Dish Home Plan people--of course, I've paid $5 for a lot of years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts