Does Dish still limit householdsthat lease thier equipment to one 622?

I have 2 leased 622s (upgraded from 2 owned 921s). You are supposed to be limited to 4 leased tuners but there are reports of some having more. IMHO this is a really dumb limitation. I have 6 HD sets in my house and would love to have a 622 connected to each one but refuse to have to purchase them after the 921 debacle. Heck I would even agree to a 6 month "extension" to the 18 month "contract" for each additional leased receiver.

Very true. I just got two 622 receivers installed yesterday. They would not ship... they had to be installed. I got an enception through the ceo email address to get the receivers. A csr could not do it... their computer would not allow it. When the installer called to activate the receivers it took a long time because they had to do it all manually. They are only allowed to activate one 622 at a time in their computers.
On the same topic... sort of. There was also a 211/411 on the work order by mistake and he had to call and get them to remove it because I didnt order it. That apparently means I could have done 5 tuners in that one deal.

When I upgraded to a 625, that made 6 boxes, within the limit of 6 boxes per account, but after the installer did all the work, and he called to get it activated, Dish refused to do so, and gave the installer a number to call, I knew it was auditing; he didn't, and had never dealt with them before. I was PO'ed because all my boxes had always been connected to a phone line, and I KNOW dish was getting verification each month for YEARS.

Well, here's the funny part: the installer calls auditing and they are giving him a hard time about activating it. Then, just as I was about to ask for the phone so I can talk to them, auditing said they would activate it. Then he started asking questions of auditing to better understand how things work, his face turned sour, as if he had been insulted. He said his goodbye and hung-up the phone. Then he turned to me and said, "They're nasty.":D

I explained to him what auditing was and why they do what they do, but told him that while I support their function, their attitude needs a complete overhaul, and they had no reason to be rude to him or anyone.

Oh, well. I guess you had to be there.:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)