Does DishHD Absolute include Encore Mystery, Starz Cinema, and MoviePlex?

sateuser

Original poster
Dec 29, 2010
USA
[FONT=&quot]I have the grandfathered DishHD Absolute programming package. This package includes all the channels that comes with the Platinum HD. Dish Network recently added Encore Mystery (Channel 344), Starz Cinema (Channel 353), and MoviePlex (Channel 377). I receive all the channels that comes with the Platinum HD package, except the three channels listed above. I contacted Dish Network technical support, and they said that I’m supposed to so receive Encore Mystery, Starz Cinema, and MoviePlex. The customer agent sent a hit to my receiver and it did not work, so she tried something else. She didn’t tell me what she did, and it worked. I now receive the three channels mentioned above. They problem is that after getting off the phone with the Dish Network agent, I logged on to my Dish Network account, and found out that the Dish Network agent added the “Platinum HD, 3 months for free”. My question is are DishHD Absolute subscribers supposed to get Encore Mystery, Starz Cinema, and MoviePlex with our programming package? Thanks.[/FONT]

The three channels that you are looking for aren't available in the DishHD Absolute package. In order to get these channels you would have to subscribe to the HD Platinum.

The three channels that you are looking for aren't available in the DishHD Absolute package. In order to get these channels you would have to subscribe to the HD Platinum.

Platinum HD is included with the DishHD Absolute programming package. I received ALL of the Platinum HD channels, except for Encore Mystery, Starz Cinema, and MoviePlex.

From DISH Satellite TV - $24.99 & HD Free For Life - Let's Watch TV -

grfx_08.jpg

Encore Mystery, MoviePlex, and Starz Cinema were recently added to HD Platinum ($10/month) [Note: Pixl and MoviePlex are not on this page as they were the last channels to get added to the add-on although their logos are on the main HD Packages page.]. I am not sure about HD Absolute since it is a grandfathered package from what I understand; I suppose other HD Absolute subs would know.

However, there are other ways to get these channels.

Starz Cinema is also in the Starz premium package, but that is probably a given. Encore East (HD), Starz East (HD), Starz West (HD), Starz Edge (HD), Starz Comedy (HD), Starz InBlack, and Starz Kids & Family (HD) are the other channels in the premium package. Starz is $13/month or less if combined with another premium package; please see the premium package page for bundle savings if wanted.

Encore Mystery and MoviePlex also included in America's Top 250 (currently $64.99/mo.) or/and Encore Movie Pack (currently $5/mo. add-on) if you do not sub to America's Top 250. You probably would not want to go from HD Absolute to America's Top 250 since you would most likely lose grandfathering of the HD Absolute package; I am not even sure if you can add anything to it. Maybe someone else can help.
[In addition to Encore Mystery and MoviePlex, the Encore Movie Pack includes Encore (West), Encore Action, Encore Drama, Encore Love, and Encore Westerns. Note that Encore East HD and Encore WAM are not included in the Encore Movie Pack. Encore East HD is available in America's Top 250 and Starz while Encore WAM is available in America's Top 250. I do not get why, but that is how it is. It would be nice if they were all included in, but like I said, it is what it is. It would also be neat if they added the standard feeds of IndiePlex and RetroPlex to the Encore Movie Pack. Dish certainly has some options available; that is what I like about them even if they may seem confusing at first.]

Also, I believe there is an HD feed for Starz Cinema. Therefore, it may be added "soon." That is not official; I am just saying that I believe there is an available HD feed. I do not know anything about HD feeds of Encore Mystery or/and MoviePlex, though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)