Does dishnetwork have a Hdtv demo channel?

cobalt

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 19, 2004
I've got an 811 and a dish 500 set up and have never been able to pick up a hdtv demo channel from dish does it exist? Thanks.

Feeling of Deja Vu. I just answered this somewhere.

HDNET runs a 10 minute test pattern @ 08:00EDT on Tuesdays.
That's all I've ever heard of.

Thanks guys/gals I guess I'm outa luck with only one dish. Maybe they'll move it to one of my birds one day.

cobalt said:
Thanks guys/gals I guess I'm outa luck with only one dish. Maybe they'll move it to one of my birds one day.
Not gonna happen - 110/119 space is WAY too valuable.

Sure would like to see it on 148 tho.

they should get rid of the demo channel. there is no compeling content on that channel. with about a half an hour a day of original content that is shown for months at a time, they would be better off with starz, cinemax, tmc, tnt, or bravo that shows more hd than the demo channel.

i don't believe that anyone with an hd set has watch that channel for more than five minutes.

It is primarily for retailers----and people witha Laurie Farkas obsession.

Yeah, they haven't updated the loop since 2002. It's good for the first 10 minutes when you hook up an HD receiver and that's about it......

I STILL have Sharks Under Glass recorded on my 921 as a MUCH better HD Demo. Seeing my guests faces when that great white shark leaps 10 feet out of the water is priceless (we live 1.5 miles from the Atlantic Ocean and NONE of them want to swim in the ocean anymore after seeing it....)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)