Does DPH42 require power inserter?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Ward J

Original poster
Feb 18, 2015
Simpsonville, SC
I recently obtained a Hopper 3 to replace a well used Hopper 2. The installer used a DPH hybrid LNBF that receives only 61.5 and 72.7. I would like to also receive the 77 sat. He advised that I must use the DPH LNBF's and they do not make one that receives the 77 sat. However it looks like if I use the DPH42 switch, I can use my old 1000.2 eastern arc LNBF that receives all three of these sats. All the DPH42 installation diagrams show the use of a power inserter. Found the DPH42 on SolidSignal.com, but when I called they advised that it does not come with a power inserter and that the DPH42 is directly powered by the Hopper 3. I then checked with DishDepot and they advised that their DPH42 does need the power inserter and theirs comes with it. Which is correct????? is a power inserter required to use the DPH42?

I recently obtained a Hopper 3 to replace a well used Hopper 2. The installer used a DPH hybrid LNBF that receives only 61.5 and 72.7. I would like to also receive the 77 sat. He advised that I must use the DPH LNBF's and they do not make one that receives the 77 sat. However it looks like if I use the DPH42 switch, I can use my old 1000.2 eastern arc LNBF that receives all three of these sats. All the DPH42 installation diagrams show the use of a power inserter. Found the DPH42 on SolidSignal.com, but when I called they advised that it does not come with a power inserter and that the DPH42 is directly powered by the Hopper 3. I then checked with DishDepot and they advised that their DPH42 does need the power inserter and theirs comes with it. Which is correct????? is a power inserter required to use the DPH42?
DishDepot is correct.

Tis true

Attachments

• dp2.png
    dp2.png
    25.4 KB · Views: 1,812
Doesn't the EA DPH LNBf have a wing satellite input? Use a Dish 300 with a DP Single LNBf and Ward should be good, right?

Edit: Yeah, like this:
EA DPH with Wing.jpg

Reactions: JSheridan
Just out of curiosity, what programming it is on the 77? I see some of you guys are using a 77 or want to be able to use the 77 and I'm not sure what's on there that you can't get on the 61 or 72? Other than Latino programming

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)